Chrysler factories, offices, and testing grounds, 1925-2013
This section does not generally include Hudson, Nash, AMC, Willys, etc; or Dodge Brothers before the acquisition. Years are production years and not model years. The main part of the list is for assembly plants but parts and other plants are listed later on this page. Some more obscure Detroit listings are courtesy of atdetroit.net
Put into service in 1965, Belvidere was named for the Ohio city (the Plymouth Belvedere was named after the hotel).
|Horizon / Omni||1977-87|
|O24, TC3, Charger, Turismo, Duster||1979-1987|
|Dynasty/New Yorker/Imperial/Fifth Avenue||1988-1993|
Brampton Complex (Bramalea), Canada
- Built by American Motors; the 2.95 million square-foot facility and the Brampton Satellite Stamping Plant occupy 269 acres and employed around 3,800 workers in 2006. Production at the satellite stamping facility started in December 1991. The plant has built from 18,133 to 338,921 vehicles per year, with 1999 (second-generation LH series) being the peak year. [Numbers were valid as of 2007]
- 1986-92 Eagle Premier and Dodge Monaco (Monaco started 1990)
- June 1992-2004: LH models, all of them: Intrepid, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker, 300M
- January 2004-: 300/300C, Magnum (through 2007), Charger, Challenger (starting 2008), Lancia Thema (starting 2011)
- The Kennedy Road plant, part of Brampton Assembly, has its own section
Center Line: Mopar Headquarters
Around 290 employees were working in the building in 2005. The functions were listed as “National staff functions, including sales and marketing, material control, distribution, facilities planning, and national and field depot administration.” A separate parts distribution center (warehouse) had 700 employees.
Before the new building, Center Line contained the Mopar parts plant, training center, defense operations, and general sales offices, according to a 1957 listing.
- Maxwell opened this plant in 1906. It was inherited by Chrysler, and after the war was sold to Preston Tucker. When his venture failed, it was sold to Ford. It is now half mall, half Tootsie Roll HQ. Chicago plant story.
Conner Avenue (small-scale specialty production)
- Built in 1966; acquired by Chrysler in 1995.
- Dodge Viper, 1996-onwards. Renovated, late 2011.
- Plymouth Prowler, 1997-2002 (later production rebadged as Chrysler Prowler)
- Conner Avenue (Viper and Prowler) Assembly Plant
- Detroit Axle: Opened 1917, purchased by Chrysler in 1928, closed 2010, demolition started 2012.
Dodge Main (Hamtramck)
The Dodge Main plant was demolished, along with a huge number of homes and prosperous small businesses, to make room for a Cadillac plant. Eminent domain cleared people off of the land, some getting ten cents to the dollar; the Cadillac plant never employed anywhere near the number of people promised by General Motors, which received millions of taxpayer dollars (and the land) to build their factory. Extensive Dodge Main history.
|Dodge Brothers||1928-1929||Plymouth (B body)||1964-1966|
|Graham Bros. Trucks||1928-1929||Dodge Charger||1966-1969|
|DeSoto Firesweep||1956-1959||Dodge Challenger||1969-1974|
|Dodge Lancer/Dart*, Plymouth Valiant||1959-1975||Volare / Aspen||1975-1980|
* (Lancer 1960-62, Dart 1963-75 including calendar year 1976 production)
Dufferin Avenue, Toronto (1924-1929)
Opened by Dodge Brothers in 1924 to assemble Dodge Brothers cars and Graham Brothers trucks for the Canadian market. Closed when the Chrysler Centre plant in Windsor opened. Both Dodge Brothers cars and Graham Brothers trucks were made from 1928 to 1929.
Dundee Engine Plant, Michigan (GEMA)
Originally set up as the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance LLC (GEMA), the Dundee plant was created to make engines developed jointly by Chrysler, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai. In 2009, Chrysler bought its partners’ shares. In 2011 the plant started producing 1.4 liter Fiat engines, both normal and turbocharged, for use in Mexican-made Fiat 500s and various Chrysler vehicles; these are expected to return to Italian production by 2016.
The plant is unusual in that most of the workers have college degrees, and were carefully chosen, the idea being that they would play a prominent role in quality maintenance and cost reduction. The plant has generally had high quality, winning Harbour Report awards for productivity (2008 and 2009) and quickly achieving Bronze status in Fiat’s WCM system (2012).
In 2009, Chryler invested $179 million to start making the Fiat 1.4, and in 2010, it put another $150 million in to expand and prepare for new engines. It was officially renamed Dundee Engine Plant in January 2012.
Etobicoke Casting Plant, Toronto
The plant was built in 1942, and purchased by Chrysler Corporation in 1964; it was expanded in 1965 and 1998. In 2005, this plant employed 451 people to make aluminum die castings, pistons, and other engine and transmission parts; in 2010, there were just 280 people (236 hourly), all represented by CAW Local 1459, and the plant made aluminum die castings and pistons.
Chrysler announced in August 2010 a $27 million investment to make front and rear crossmembers for future vehicles. Floor space was listed at 284,000 square feet, with a total 27.4 acres used.
Evansville (closed 1959)
Graham Brothers and Dodge Brothers trucks, 1919-1932; Plymouth, 1935-1959; Dodge, 1936-1938.
Fenton, Missouri — see St. Louis
GEMA — see Dundee Engine Plant
Brush appears to have been the original builder of the plant; Brush joined Maxwell and others to form the United States Motor Car Company, which later became Maxwell Motors. The complex became Chrysler’s headquarters until the move to Auburn Hills. After car assembly ended, the plant built parts including the fluid coupling and torque converter for Fluid Drive and Fluid Torque Drive.
|Chrysler Four (Maxwell)||1925-1928|
Indianapolis, Indiana (Shadeland)
The Indianapolis Shadeland Avenue Electrical plant, opened to house Chrysler Corporation’s new Electrical Division in January 1959, started out making distributors, with plans to expand. The plant closed in the 1970s.
Jefferson Avenue and Jefferson North
The original Chalmers plant was built on Jefferson Avenue in Detroit in 1909, and closed in 1991. In 1933, a noted office and display building was built to front the thriving Jefferson Avenue factory complex; it was demolished in the 1990s. The nearby Jefferson Avenue North plant has made Grand Cherokees since opening in 1993, and was the sole source of Jeep Commanders. The plant made Dodge Durangos alongside Grand Cherokees starting in 2011, and will start making Maserati Kubangs in 2012.
Kennedy Road (part of Brampton)
Rambler 1960-? Opened in December, 1960 by AMC, it’s now Wal-Mart’s central Canadian warehouse. “135SOHC” wrote, “AMC assigned all orders for the Eagle to Kennedy Road to keep production at full capacity, with remaining orders assigned to the Kenosha plant, until 1983; all 1984 and later Eagles were built in Canada.” (This time is unaccounted for) AMC Eagle (prime source) 1980-1983 AMC Eagle (sole source) 1984-87 Jeep Wrangler 1988-92
Built to make Sterling bicycles, the Kenosha plant was purchased by Thomas Jeffery around 1900; it was the second factory in America, after the Oldsmobile plant, to use an assembly line, and in 1902, Rambler was the second largest automaker in the United States. The plant continued under use when Jeffery became Nash, and when Nash joined with Hudson to form AMC.
Kenosha started production of the Chrysler M-bodies — Diplomat, Fifth Avenue, Gran Fury — under contract when AMC sales were flagging. M-body production at Kenosha started in calendar-year 1986 (model-year 1987), allowing Chrysler an economical way to extend production of the unpopular (except among fleet buyers) sedans. Likewise, the Omni/Horizon, which had been slated to end production, were moved to Kenosha in late 1987, allowing them to have 1988-90 model years with a simplified lineup. AMC’s main production had already moved to the new, modern Bramalea plant, which would later be used for the Chrysler LH and LX cars.
The joint production deal may have led to the purchase of AMC by Chrysler in 1987.
|Car or line||Model years|
|Diplomat, Fifth Avenue, Gran Fury||1987-89|
Kokomo, Indiana. The casting plant was around in the 1940s. Transmissions are currently made in Kokomo; the plant was expanded to make eight and nine speed ZF automatics.
Lago Alberto (Mexico City)
The Lago Alberto truck plant in Mexico City was built in the early 1930s; in 1992, when the Mexican government started to demand a measure of environmental responsibility, Chrysler Corporation decided to close the antiquated plant and move production to Toluca and a new plant in Saltillo, both of which still are operational. However, according to Derek Strohl, the automakers negotiated a break for VOC emissions, and the plant was given until 2006 to bring its volatile organic compound emissions down to acceptable levels (e.g. comparable to Canada and the United States). Thus, by 1997, the plant had highly efficient electrostatic paint applicators, water running underneat the floors to catch paint vapors, and other measures.
While Chrysler planned a continued investment in Lago Alberto, in 1998 the stockholders approved an ill-advised acquisition by Daimler, and all growth ended. In 2002, the factory was closed.
Los Angeles (1932-1971)
The 86 acre plant employeed at least 2,100 employees in 1965. Giles E. Wright wrote about the plant for the now-defunct Herald-Examiner (thanks to "Shoe" and the Los Angeles Public Library’s Pamela Quon and Christina Rice for passing along the article and information), pointing out that the plant made no less than 69 different models, including Valiants, Barracudas, and Darts, using over 9 miles of conveyors; each day 30 railroad cars and 70 trucks dropped off their loads to the plant. Quality control was aided by an IBM 1710 mainframe.
In its first year, the plant made Plymouths and Dodge trucks. During World War II, the plant made over 40,000 aircraft engines, as well as B-17 and PV-2 cabin tops. In 1948, Chrysler and DeSoto production began; Dodge trucks stopped in 1949. Later, the plant made parts for the Douglas C-124 planes and Nike-Sparrow missiles, as well as building cars.
DeSoto production stopped in 1959, and Chrysler production stopped in 1960; Dodge and Plymouth remained. “Shoe” wrote, “The majority of cars built for California and southwest U.S. consumption were assembled here until its closure at the end of the 1971 model year (July 1971). ... its closure was due to lack of updated rail transport.” [Los Angeles plant and photos]
The Lynch Road assembly plant built Plymouth, DeSoto, and Fargo vehicles starting from 1929; it continued to make Plymouths through 1980, when it closed. At that point it was also making the St. Regis and Chrysler cars. Along the way, Lynch Road built the Monaco, Coronet, and Charger, along with a host of Plymouths. Take a virtual plant tour
Marysville Axle Plant
This plant was a sort of joint venture, with ZF running the plant but using Chrysler UAW people and having Chrysler as their primary customer. We were told in February 2009:
The core team has reportedly been placed back at Detroit Axle Plant until some definitive plans have been made between ZF and Chrysler LLC. The plans (currently) are for the Core Launch Team to return to MAP (Marysville Axle Plant) by the beginning of summer. There was a discrepancy as to who was going to pay for the MAP hourly people, and since ZF wouldn't commit just yet they had to come back as Chrysler was going to continue footing the bill. Currently the story is that 200 hourly people will be hired from Chrysler as the volume committment is not there as originally planned.
Another source wrote, in mid-2012:
Daimler planned the facility, then Cerberus moved in and was eliminating employees and sourcing equipment and lines from China and India, looking for cheapest costs; quality was not a concern. ZF had to go back and redo all the hard assets in the new plant. That's what put it so far behind and made for a hard startup. They hired at least a half dozen previous Chrysler employees to work directly for them.
Marysville Axle (supplier plant using Chrysler workers)
Ground was broken on what was to be a joint-venture ZF/Chrysler plant in 2007, under DaimlerChrysler. The plant, in Marysville, Michigan, replaced Detroit Axle; the latter had been expanded and modernized in 2001, but dated back to 1917. At the time, a joint press release claimed:
The Chrysler / ZF axle-making partnership ... ensures the retention of Chrysler employees and anticipates a phased changeover from current Detroit Axle-centered operations. The Marysville facility is currently under construction, on schedule, with a target production launch in early 2010. The 700,000 square-foot plant is expected to produce approximately 500,000 axles a year.
Despite various gaffes and mis-steps as Chrysler went from Daimler to Cerberus to Fiat, the plant did open in 2010 and started making axles (there was no word on where suspension parts made at Detroit Axle moved to.) The factory is entirely owned by ZF though Chrysler union workers produce the axles. ZF’s 2010 annual report noted, “In the USA, volume production of rigid axles began at the new production facility in Marysville, Michigan. Rear axle drives and bevel gear production are scheduled to follow in early 2011.”
Mopar also had a plant in Marysville for parts and accessories, in 1957 (start and end years are unknown).
Bill Watson wrote that McGraw Avenue was a stamping plant (oil pans, valve covers, etc.) located next to the Wyoming Avenue plant, and said that no cars were actually built in this plant; it was converted to glass production in 1960, and stayed in operation through 2003.
See Lago Alberto, above.
Mound Road Engine in Detroit, Michigan was closed in 2002 after a 47-year run, with production shifting to Mack Avenue; both V8 and V10 engines had been made there. The Mound Road plant was torn down in 2003 and has been paved over and used as a storage lot for Warren Truck.
Mt. Elliott Tool & Die
Built in 1938 and still operating. See our dedicated Mt. Elliott Tool & Die / Outer Drive page.
New Castle, Indianapolis
Created in 1907 for the then-three-year-old Maxwell-Briscoe, New Castle was a large factory which made Maxwell cars until Maxwell had merged with numerous other automakers and had extra capacity. In 1911, the plant was switched to parts production; in 1916, a forge was added. The plant was one of six original Chrysler plants when the company took over Maxwell in 1925. It was used continuously through 2009, after being sold to Metaldyne around 2002, reportedly with roughly the same appearance as it had when built. Full story: New Castle plant.
Closed in December 2008. See our Newark Assembly Plant page.
|Plymouth and Dodge||1957-1973|
|Volare / Aspen (F)||1976-1980|
|LeBaron / Diplomat (M)||1977-1980|
|Reliant / Aries including wagons||1981-1988|
|Acclaim / Spirit (AA)||1989-1995|
|LeBaron / Saratoga (AA)||1990-1995|
|LeBaron Coupe (J)||1992-1993|
|LeBaron Convertible (J)||1992-1995|
|Intrepid/ Concorde (overflow)||1994-1996|
|Durango / Aspen||1998-2008|
The Rotterdam assembly plant (NEKAF) made both cars and trucks from 1958 to 1970.
St. Louis North (Fenton, MO)
The Fenton plant made trucks and vans; it was right next to the “St. Louis” car/minivan plant in Fenton (see St. Louis, below) which closed on October 31, 2008.
The Fenton plant made B-series vans and wagons until 1980; it built the Dodge Ram (over a million of them) until July 10, 2009, when production was shifted to Mexico and Warren. The plant had recently won quality awards. Both North and South (car and truck) plants were torn down.
The Fenton plant had been the exclusive producer of RamBox equipped pickups, and had, in addition to Ram 1500, made V10 and diesel Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 models.
St. Louis South (Fenton, MO)
The St. Louis plant was closed on October 31, 2008, leaving Windsor, the original and once again the sole minivan plant. The failure of the Chrysler Pacifica to gain traction coupled with lukewarm reception of the 2008 minivans sealed St. Louis’ fate, and the property was sold and the plant torn down. St. Louis has built many popular vehicles over the years. A nearby truck plant closed on July 10, 2009.
|Lancer or Dart||1960-1965, 1973-1976|
|Belvedere / Monaco / Coronet||1964-1976|
|Dodge Charger (overflow)||1968|
|Volare /Aspen||1976-1977, 1980|
|LeBaron, Diplomat coupes||1977-1981|
|Aries and Reliant coupes||1981-86|
|LeBaron Coupe and Convertible||1987-91|
|Caravan, Voyager, Town & Country||1996-2008**|
* Model year 1978 ** Model year 2009
San Leandro (assembly plant closed in 1954; continued as parts plant)
Plymouth, 1949-1954; Dodge, 1948-1954. Production ended during the 1954-to-1955 model year changeover as Chrysler Corporation sales had plunged. Strikes may have hurt production, but Chrysler had lowered production anyway due to limited demand, so the strikes may not have had an impact. The San Leandro, California plant was listed in 1957 as a parts plant.
Derek Strohl wrote that the Saltillo plant was originally intended to replace the 1930s-era Lago Alberto, which had pollution discharge issues and could not be upgraded to use water-based paint. Negotiations with Mexico resulted in a compromise, and by the time the Saltillo plant was built in 1995, Lago Alberto had been largely brought into compliance, but it was closed anyway after Daimler’s takeover. Saltillo builds Dodge Ram trucks, and was recognized in 1997 for producing the highest quality Chrysler trucks.
The Saltillo factory has a zero-discharge policy; the plant actually produces a surplus of clean drinking water that is put into the municipal water system. Wastes are treated on-site, with hazardous waste confined in a special landfill near Monterrey.
The relatively new Sterling Heights plant (with a neighboring stamping plant) has built the LeBaron GTS/Lancer; Shadow/Sundance/Duster; Daytona; Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze; Stratus/Sebring; Avenger/Sebring; 200/Avenger. It was slated to be closed by December 2010, but New Chrysler bought it from Old Chrysler, and it is now firmly established. Sterling Heights factory page covers the assembly plant (SHAP) and the stamping plant.
- Old Toledo North: 1994-95 Dakota.
- New Toledo North: 2001-present, Liberty; 2006-2011, Dodge Nitro.
- Toledo South plant: 1986-present Jeep Wrangler.
Reportedly one of Chrysler’s highest-quality plants, during the Daimler years.
|Aries, Reliant, Magnum coupe / sedans||1984-89|
|LeBaron, Phantom coupes||1987-94|
|Spirit, Acclaim, LeBaron||1990-94|
Built in 1952, Trenton North has built air raid sirens, water pumps, V8 engines, V6 engines, and “Neon” 1.8 and 2.0 liter four-cylinder engines. It had been slated to close by 2014, but thanks to a 2012 reprieve, Trenton North is active again. In addition to making components for South, Trenton North has its own flex engine line, able to make different varieties of the 3.2, 3.6, and upcoming 3.0 — and the Tiger Shark four-cylinder, as well.
Stamping plant, opened in 1956, closed in 2011. Twinsburg stamping plant page with active-status and demolition photos.
The Carabob Assembly Plant, operated by Chrysler de Venezuela, S.A., made the Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Dodge Caliber, as of early 2013 (this was reported by Chrysler after Caliber production in the U.S. had halted).
scook6 wrote: “The assembly plant in Venezuela was opened in 1938 and closed in 2002. It originally assembled knock-down kits, but later became a full assembly plant. My 2002 Dodge Ram was made there.” Whether it is the same plant or not, Valencia started building third-generation Jeep Cherokees (Libertys) in 2007; it had been making various Jeep and Mercedes models.
- 1920-22 to 1940s: Paige, Jewett, Graham-Paige cars
- World War II: aircraft components
- DeSoto 1947 [possibly earlier]-1958
- Imperial 1959-1961
- Small parts production and export operations, 1961-196? (Chrysler claims mid-60s and 1962, alternatively)
- Full story and photos
Warren truck plant (Dodge City)
- 1938-present: Dodge trucks (except 1972-1977, B-vans) / Ram trucks.
- 1987 - present: Dodge Dakota and Dodge Ram trucks (includes Mitsubishi Raider, 2005-11)
- 1974-1985 Ramcharger trucks
Bob Joye wrote that the Sherwood and Hoover Road plants were part of Warren; these made up the three Dodge truck plants under UAW local 140. Sherwood produced heavy duty Dodge diesels up until 1975, and Hoover produced specialty trucks for the phone company.” There was also a Burt Road Export Plant on 12640 Burt Road.
RamBox-equipped truck production started in late 2009 or early 2010.
Built by the Saxon Motor Corporation (builders of a small car backed by Hugh Chalmers) in 1919. After Saxon went under, GM bought the plant for export business. Purchased by Chrysler in 1934, it was converted and expanded for car assembly in 1936 (calendar year).
- DeSoto - 1936-1958
- Export production (CKD) from 1960 through 1980.
The Amplex-Harper plant made Oilite bearings and powdered metal products. Amplex itself was created to sell products created under Carl Breer’s research division back in the 1930s.
The Maxwell plant in Dayton, Ohio was converted to become the home of the Airtemp Division which became Chrysler Dayton Thermal (after the sale of Airtemp in 1976), then Acustar Dayton Thermal, then Chrysler Dayton Thermal, then DaimlerChrysler Dayton Thermal, then Behr Dayton Thermal. They also worked for Chrysler Defense. Another Airtemp plant was at 14226 Schaefer Highway in Detroit. (Thanks, Gary W.) A. Rutky wrote that (we’ve confirmed this) the plant built in 1969-1970 for non-automotive Airtemp manufacturing was shut down in 1976; the current Corvette plant has been on that site since 1982.
From a 1957 corporate listing:
- Adelaide, Australia had an assembly plant for cars, trucks, and parts, along with Airtemp units and industrial engines
- Antwerp, Belgium had a parts plant
- Capetown, South Africa had an assembly plant for cars, trucks, and parts
- Cocoa, Florida was a missile and space vehicle support plant
- Cycleweld-Trenton made adhesives and chemical products.
- Chrysler Foundry made engine castings
- Detroit Forge
- Detroit Tank Plant
- Detroit Universal: universal joints and drive-train components
- Geneva, Switzerland was headquarters for international operations
- Greenfield Building for engineering research
- Eight Mile Plant for body parts
- Michigan Missile Plant
- New Castle, Indiana for forgings and finished machine parts
- Nine Mile Press for automotive stampings
- Scranton, PA for tank components
- Syracuse, NY for New Process Gear (transmission, differentials, and axle parts)
- Winfield Foundry (“Detroit area”)
- Airtemp Division - 14226 Schaefer Highway
- Burt Road Export Plant - 12640 Burt Rd (Part of Warren complex)
- Clairpointe Pre-production Plant - 12217 Freud
- Conant Trim Plant - 7900 Jos Campau
- Detroit Universal Division - 6455 Kingsley, Dearborn (Closed around 1978; excellent quality U-joints)
- Wyoming Export Plant - 6000 Wyoming Street
- Hamtramck Assembly Plant and Trim Plant - 7900 Jos Campau (“Dodge Main”)
- Huber Ave Foundry - 6425 Huber Ave
- Detroit Forge Plant - 6600 Lynch Rd
- Eldon Ave Axle Plant - 6700 Lynch Rd
- Mack Ave Stamping - 11631 Mack Ave (Currently Mack Avenue Engine Complex)
- Outer Drive Stamping - 3675 E Outer Dr (Renamed Mt. Elliott and converted to tool and die making)
- Truck Engineering Office - 6565 E Eight Mile Rd, Warren
- Vernor Tool & Die - 12026 E Vernor Highway (Operations moved to Mt. Elliott / Outer Drive, 1970s)
- Vernor Trim Plant - 12025 E Vernor Highway (Closed, 1970s)
- Warren Stamping - 22800 Mound Rd, Warren; Warren Tool & Die - 8701 E Eight Mile Rd, Warren; Warren Office & Warehouse - 6565 E Eight Mile Rd, Warren
- Winfield Foundry - 9611 Winfield St
The company noted (2006):
Manufacturing Facilities: 14 assembly plants, 11 powertrain plants, three stamping operations and six technical centers in North America; six manufacturing affiliations outside North America
Chrysler Group International manages the marketing, sales and service of Chrysler Group vehicles in more than 125 countries outside North America. Vehicles are produced at facilities in Austria, China, Egypt, Germany, Taiwan and Venezuela.
Canada has approximately 475 dealers, an aluminum casting plant in Etobicoke, Ontario; a research and development center in Windsor; and has sales offices and parts distribution centers throughout the country.
[In 2011,] Chrysler opened Mopar parts distribution centers in Shanghai and Dubai, which will support China and the Middle East. The Chinese facility will be in a free trade zone which can support 130 dealers in China and 20 distributors and partners in the Asia-Pacific region; it can also be a referral point for warehouses in South Korea, Japan, and Australia, which support 200 more dealers. The Dubai center is in the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone, allowing parts movement through the Middle East and Africa.
- Arab American Vehicles Company – Assembles Jeep Cherokee (Liberty) for the Egyptian market and Jeep Wrangler Military (TJ-L) for the Egyptian Army (Cairo, Egypt)
- Beijing Benz – DaimlerChrysler Automotive Ltd. – Produces 300C and Jeep Cherokee for the Chinese market (Beijing)
- China Motor Corporation – Produces Chrysler Town & Country for the Taiwanese market (Yang Mei, Taiwan)
- Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance LLC – A joint venture with Hyundai and Mitsubishi Motors to manufacture 1.8-, 2.0- and 2.4-liter engines (Dundee, Mich.)
- Tritec Motors Ltd. – Produces 1.4- and 1.6-liter gasoline engines for Chrysler and BMW (Mini) vehicles (Curitiba, Brazil)
- Magna Steyr – Contract assembly of the Chrysler Voyager/Grand Voyager, Chrysler 300C Sedan/Touring, Jeep Commander and Jeep Grand Cherokee (Graz, Austria) Minivan production stopped in 2007.
- Carabobo Assembly Plant, DaimlerChrysler de Venezuela – Assembles Jeep Cherokee (Liberty), Jeep Grand Cherokee, and some Mercedes (Valencia, Venezuela). See main list above.
- Wilhelm Karmann GmbH – Contract assembly of the Chrysler Crossfire models (Osnabrück, Germany)
Some manufacturing executives in 2007:
- Frank Ewasyshyn, Executive Vice President—Manufacturing (was in the minivan program)
- John Franciosi, Senior Vice President—Employee Relations
- Richard Chow-Wah, Vice President—Powertrain Manufacturing
- John Felice, Vice President—Advance Manufacturing Engineering
- Bryon Green, Vice President—Truck and Activity Vehicle Assembly
- Roberto Gutierrez, Vice President—Manufacturing and Assembly Operations, Mexico
- Fred Goedtel, Vice President—Transmission/Casting/Machining Operations
- Bruce Coventry, President—Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance
- Alfredo (Fred) Antenucci, General Manager—Powertrain Engine, Foundry and Casting Plants
- Warren D. Miller, General Manager—Stamping Operations
- Brian Harlow, General Manager—Transmission/Axle/Machine
Key factory pages at Allpar
|Current assembly plants|
|Historical plants (including adopted companies)|