NewsFiery finish for Beckman – Updated with points • The official vehicle of Canada Day • Ram leaving “big rig” look behind?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, May 5, 2017.

1. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

-Don't bother.......... I'm not gonna continue the build with all thats needed and its a LONG thread, so delete it and don't worry about it..... To much work for very little return.

I type all my builds out in MS Notepad, and this is thee only site I have seen any issues with, all the other forums that I post on are just fine with the format, I'm not willing to change it for just one.... -That "one" forum misses out I guess..... Considering that issue, ALL my pics are sized the same for storage reasons, so that would mean my attendance will drop dramatically.....

Merely delete the tread to not lead-on those reading. as there will be no more to it!

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

I just don't understand this reaction. Your post and pictures ARE here. It all worked.

3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Its simple, ALL my pictures are set to ONE size, Allpar USED to support the size, and then all of a sudden a change, meaning I'd have to go through and RESIZE EVERY picture just to post on ONE forum, TIME I don't have, and should NOT expect OTHERS to do for me........ -They like me ain't got that sort of time..... Because of the fact that I'm all set out on SEVERAL forums, I like to be able post as quickly as possible, this on the other hand would require a change on my file size for ONE of several forums.......... that I'm not willing to do!

-Carry on. without my attendance, just that simple!

4. Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill 325,000+ miles and counting... Level 2 Supporter

Seriously. That is an attitude which puzzles me. Just try it using the upload. If it fails then we will just have to suffer the loss of your posts regarding your build.
    If you have tried and it won't allow the upload then I guess we lose.

I hope those 'other' forums enjoy the build though.

5. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

This is WHAT your not understanding.....

ALL of my posts, with pictures and the long winded ways I build things, is done FIRST in MD Note pad, with my photohost providing me the URL of each picture to be seen on any of the forums I'm on.. OK? With that said, to "upload" the pics here, I'd then have to change that original message with a URL already in it. I've got LOTS of builds, with thousands of pictures...... ALL uploaded to ONE host, that way that host, has NO LIMITS..... -I simply do NOT have the time nor the care to change ALL that for one forum.......

The SAME programing way I'm having trouble with her, worked on EVERY OTHER post I've made here. then all of a sudden it changes, and then YOU want me to fore go a change on my pic size, when it works on every other forum I'm on?

Sorry, I ain't got the time for that, one, and two, when it works everywhere else, and once worked here, why change?

So with that it is YOUR LOSS.... I can't see why the programing had to change to not allow the pics when it used too! Thats NOT my issue.....

So with that, I say good bye to those that were following along, thank you..... To Allpar, your administration can't expect people to change whats already in place, that works PERFECTLY everywhere else, but here and think that the users will change just for one forum....... Its to much work, and WAY to much time to do so, specially when I'm looking at nearly 5,000 pictures! Then to copy & paste ALL those pics to the proper location of the said file.

Nahh I'm good.......... all the other forums WILL enjoy, without the trouble, hassle, & expectation of change thats here.....

6. Bob ONeill

No I totally understand as you mentioned this a few times before. But, you're wrong. These forums will allow images to be included in posts. I was incorrect earlier when I said the file had to be 320k or less.

The below image is over a megabyte in size. I used the technique I mentioned to you earlier. So at this point your complaining about these forums not accepting images over 500kb is whining.

Once again... in the location where you want the image click the upload file button on the lower right below the typing box. Then find on your computer where the file (image) is located and upload it. Then click 'full size' or 'thumbnail'. I clicked 'full size'. The size of this file is over one MB (1,044,340 bytes).

I selected a random image that I have on my desktop. If you choose not to follow these simple instructions then it will be 'your loss' for not allowing your friends to share in the build.

Vertical Stop Switch.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

8. Bob Lincoln

Bob, that technique has never worked for me, either. It won't accept a pic size above about 150Kb for me.

9. Bob Lincoln

Why don't you simply copy and paste the entire article in here? Hyperlinks and all? They are active and they work. You don't have to edit a thing.

10. Bob ONeill

I wonder why it worked for me?