NewsFiery finish for Beckman – Updated with points • The official vehicle of Canada Day • Ram leaving “big rig” look behind?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 Chrysler 5TH Avenue on E-Bay

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by 77LeBaron, Mar 16, 2017.

1. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

2. Rickorino

Rickorino Member

Did a VIN check on it. There are no accident/ salvage reports indicated. Being offered at a dealer in N.J. The car appears to have been registered in Pennsyvania all it life. If you are close, might be worth a look otherwise you have to factor travel costs. I would never buy something sight unseen.

3. mydodgedip

mydodgedip Fleet Owner

It's been on and off the local craigslist here for months. IMO It's a little too much money for what it is. There have been nicer ones on craigslist for less money before.

4. goair99

goair99 Member

Saw this one also and NOT impressed. Way to much money, and those ugly blackwalls! I have never figured out why someone would put black wall tires on our cars.

geraldg likes this.
  5. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Because they are lazy and cheap. It takes some effort to find whitewall tires now, especially one that aren't some odd off shore brand.

saltydog and geraldg like this.
  6. goair99

goair99 Member

True. I have good luck with Hankook Optimo H724 white wall tires. They are super smooth and the quietest ride I have ever experienced!

7. blackstratus

blackstratus Member

1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue | eBay (at http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-/152485269571?hash=item2380d49043:g:l9sAAOSwTuJYxMB5&vxp=mtr )

Here is about as mint of a 5th Avenue as I have seen. Even has the original Goodyears. Good looking car, seems like alot of money for it though. If it was cheaper, I would certainly look into it. 87 was the last year of the thick carpet too. Had the same car 20 years ago, just mine was a lot more worn at that point in the late 90s. Great car though

8. geraldg

geraldg Active Member Ad-Free Member

I think it is way over priced, nice car but I had one I sold a few years ago that was as nice but the value just isn't there.

9. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

I have been watching md 80's 5TH Avenues and they rarely get over 3 grand n top condition guess the collector class is not interested yet. The same goes for the Imperial/New Yorkers of the late 80's early 90's, and my 77-81 Lebarons !

blackstratus likes this.
  10. blackstratus

blackstratus Member

I would have to agree with that statement, I had a watch on the 87 in the link above and this is the 2nd time I have watched it have no bids. They had 8000 on it then dropped it on the second auction to 7999 :) Seems if they are above 5000 dollars they sit for months. The one in the ebay ad is sure up my alley but not for that price. 87 is the year I like though, some reason I like the steering wheel the best, I know it is odd and the plush carpet, which went away in 88. Plus I had one 20 years ago too. Just noticed it has been relisted for 6999.

11. wallkie

wallkie New Member

Cool one! It looks like it is in a very good condition, I think.

12. Lee N. Burns

Lee N. Burns Member Level 2 Supporter

True. I just bought a made-in-US set of MasterCraft 235/75/15 WW for $317 ($357 with mount/balance). They're out there, but you have to look. 3000 miles now, no complaints.

13. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member Level III Supporter

14. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member