Allpar Forums banner

2014 Carlisle show, time to plan

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bob Lincoln 
#1 ·
Who's going to the show this year? Usually we try to cluster in the same hotel if we can. Not too soon to book rooms.

The Best Western in Middletown, PA where I usually go, has been sold and is a Days Inn, and I don't know what to expect. Anyone up for a change? Somewhere more than a few miles outside of Carlisle, to save money?

#2 ·
122 views in 6 weeks, and not a single reply? Is anyone going? I'd like to book a hotel soon, and it would be nice if we could get an Allpar contingent at one hotel, as we've done in the past.

#5 ·
OK, I just booked my motel. In the past, have stayed at the Best Western Middletown, near the airport off I-76. It's always been good, but was sold to Days Inn right after last year's show, and the reviews are getting worse. I find Days Inn to be a bottom feeder in most locations.

So I just booked the Comfort Inn West, on Rte 11 in Mechanicsburg. Three nights at AAA rate with all fees and taxes is $390. More than some people will pay, but it shows up clean at bedbugregistry.com and the reviews are very good. There are stores and restaurants nearby, and it's only 7 miles from Carlisle, instead of the 25 I'm used to. Only down side is that it's being remodeled, so there may be some construction. I think the worst is over, since they started this last fall. It's slated to become a Holiday Inn Express by late summer.

Reactions: Paul J. Reed
#8 ·
I am really concidering on heading on down for a day, i have never been, but i have heard amazing things about it. I am sure that i wont see it all, a major attraction to me, and maybe the fiance would be a shot at seeing the renegade. She is in love with it, so i am hoping to take a little road trip from the finger lakes south!

#11 ·
Possible snag - my car's radiator is almost empty. It was full the last time I drove it, and had not overheated. I have about 1 hour to decide which car to take, as today is my only prep day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.