Allpar Forums banner

2016 - I Am Going to Make It There!

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  ~Matilda~ 
#1 ·
I've Finally got the 62 Imperial Long Range Road Worthy & I've Booked 2 Camping Spots at Carlisle.
My Camper - The 4- Door Imperial's Back Seat !
I'm Bringing a Tent if the the Weather is Nice.
Anyone Coming From the West (Detroit) I Will be Leaving on Wednesday July 13th.
So If Anyone wants to Caravan Let Me Know.
Or if Anyone is Camping Please Let Me Know We Could Put together an Allpar Camp Site.
Hopefully away from the RV's with A/C Units.
Dave V. B.

#4 ·
THIS year a will make it! Missed 2015.
Made Duck i'll be looking for the Imp. I love seeing the "C" bodies and early "A" bodies.
Hope for no rain this year.
p.s. i shot that avatar pic at Carlisle in '14. Exact same car as my brother bought new in '67.

#5 ·
Excellent!! Now I know I need to go. We do have a couple of people who camp.
“If the weather is nice” — it’s Carlisle. 100°F and raining ;) Though 2015 was good. Or so I’m told.

I have my reservation set up.
100 Degrees. My Goodness You Should Have Worked in the Auto Plants in the Summer !

#7 ·
I've Finally got the 62 Imperial Long Range Road Worthy & I've Booked 2 Camping Spots at Carlisle.
My Camper - The 4- Door Imperial's Back Seat !
I'm Bringing a Tent if the the Weather is Nice.
Anyone Coming From the West (Detroit) I Will be Leaving on Wednesday July 13th.
So If Anyone wants to Caravan Let Me Know.
Or if Anyone is Camping Please Let Me Know We Could Put together an Allpar Camp Site.
Hopefully away from the RV's with A/C Units.
Dave V. B.
You are passing right by us but we usually drive down on Thursday. We are camping on private property next to the fairgrounds are you onsite?

#8 ·
I Have Book 2 "Spots" in the Camping Area. I Want to get there Early to get a Good Spots.

#10 ·
Will be back this year. Hotel and showfield booked. Since Allpar won't have a tent, I'll be setting up a small tent by my car and will be around to answer questions, etc.

#11 ·
OK, got my registration materials this week.
They put my 84 Daytona Turbo Z in section Y442 - TRUCKS.

What the hey?

There is a section called "1979-85 FWD", which would at least be accurate.

Are any other Daytonas going, or is it just me? I'll be out in Siberia on the hillside. This is ridiculous.

#12 ·
The Good News:
Got an Actual Front End Alignment done on my 62 Imperial today. (My 2X4 and put the Adjustments in the Middle was not that far Off.)
Finally Fixed Up all the Pesky Leaks of the Last 3 Years. (Trans Cooling Lines, Power Steering Box and Power Steering Unit Housing)
The Bad News:
Several Family Responsibility Problems are Conspiring to Not Let me Attend.
Will have to See How Thing Go in the Next Few Days.
Darn.

#14 ·
Very One Going Have a Great Time & Safe Driving.
I Wouldn't Make It.
Maybe Next Year !

#17 ·
Cool. I am pretty sure I got to see your daytona there. My son wasn't feeling well and he is a truck guy so we had to blast our way up the hill. I tried to stop to see if you where there to say hi, but he wanted to see those trucks and watch the hellcats. We came back down the wrong row and he got sick and ended our day. Can't wait til next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.