NewsNew 500L launched • Updated: Engine recap • Mopar dominates Funny Car, sets records

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'94 LeBaron LE Sedan - Front sway bar diameter?

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by goair99, Feb 15, 2017.

1. goair99

goair99 Member

What is the diameter of the front sway bar on a base LeBaron LE sedan w/3.0?

Rockauto has 1", 1 1/16", 1 1/8" and 7/8" listed! WTF???

I am going to have them replaced...

2. manybrews

manybrews Member

your best bet is to measure it with a caliper, because I doubt anyone will have the knowledge as to which trim came with which sway bar.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  3. goair99

goair99 Member

The senior members usually know questions like this. Just waiting for a response.

4. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

Same here. I would measure with calipers. If not available, wrap a string around the bar, mark the circumference, and then measure it and divide by pi (3.14) to get the diameter.

5. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

Are you replacing the inner/outer bushings? I only have Mopar part #'s that might cross-reference, I don't have sizes.
    If this is truly the standard suspension, the stock sway bar is Mopar part # 5272208, the inner bushings are # 5272219 and the outer bushings are # 5272214.

6. goair99

goair99 Member

Thanks for your research! I am replacing both because of a knocking sound from the front. I had new Monroe Quick Struts installed and the knock is not as bad, but I am suspecting it's the sway bar bushings...

7. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

They do wear. The outers will clunk over bumps (the normally round bushing hole becomes oval) and the inners can squawk and creak over bumps. The service manual says not to lube noisy rubber bushings. Petroleum greases will attack the rubber, but silicone greases are more rubber friendly (only if you need it).

8. neon98rt

neon98rt Member

Wait where did you find monroe quick struts for a lebaron??? I only could find struts.

9. manybrews

manybrews Member

Rock auto. They'll have everything.

10. neon98rt

neon98rt Member

show me the link for a 90 and i will be your best friend. Maybe there is some for newer years.

11. goair99

goair99 Member

rockauto.com Monroe part# 171819L and 171819R $91.36 each and in stock...

12. manybrews

manybrews Member

13. goair99

goair99 Member

Last try for the sway bar diameter... LE 3.0 sedan??? Very hard to measure with a string.

14. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

Measure with a strip of paper, then. It won't stretch. Just wrap it around and mark it to get the circumference and divide by Pi.

15. goair99

goair99 Member

Ok, will give it a try and get back with an update.