NewsWho makes the “most American” vehicles? • Meet the upgraded 2018 Durangos • Rumored Challenger Hellcat Widebody: it’s real

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Temp. Sensor ?

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by gsmceads, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

The PCM software is warranted for 8 yrs/80K miles under the Extended federal emissions warranty.
    The flat 10% shop supplies charge on the repair order can be waived if your vehicle had no need for it. I have seen it dismissed at the service counter if a customer felt upset about having to pay it. The fee isn't worth losing a customer over.

2. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

Remember the Car Makers and their Car Dealers are the ultimate in American Big Business. Big Business means lots of profit with little ethical concern.
    Sounds like Congress huh?

3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

I usually support the smaller companies, dealers and underdogs. They have a stake for their survival in your complete satisfaction.
    The monopolies and the arrogant big dogs have less need or interest in your satisfaction.
    I find that most everything is money-driven to the detriment of ethical practices. I'll always try to follow the Golden Rule in my dealings with others.

Doug D likes this.
  4. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

BTW I ran across a ditty about Chrysler's TIPM, they are being sued in a class action.
    ------------
    ..."The lawsuit alleges that Chrysler knew about and fraudulently concealed the defectiveness of its Totally Integrated Power Module - TIPM, for short. Chrysler sought as far back as 2005 to hide the magnitude of the TIPM defect from consumers and initiated only limited vehicle recalls, the complaint alleges.

...Despite knowing about the defect, Chrysler continued installing faulty TIPMs in vehicles until the 2014 model year, according to the complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. "
    ---------------

Now about this piece of junk called a PCM......