NewsNew Compass shipping soon • Compass: mpg, $$$ • Demon’s drag suspension: better launches

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Weather Woes...

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by paullybob, Dec 15, 2016.

1. paullybob

paullybob Member

Well, the first spring/summer/fall has been great, 10000 kms on the clock and no issues to report.

The past few weeks however have made some annoyances pop up...the suspension bushings are incredibly hard when the weather turns cold. Every little bump or dip in the road results on a horrible thud in the car. Fuel economy has dropped quite a bit too with the cold weather and I'm not one to let the car "warm up" for 15 minutes before I drive off.

Winter tires are a must up here and the GT with the different throttle calibration has taken some getting used to on slippery roads. That initial tip in is tricky with the front wheels spinning quite liberally until traction control kicks in. To that point, traction control is not as aggressive as it was on the Caliber, its actually quite liberal with the throttle control only kicking in when some skid/slid starts.

So, not a bit list and no real issues, just some observances........Now, only 3 and a half months to go, lol!!

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

Strange. I find my Dart (2013 2.0) performs much better in the cooler weather. I don't think it can cool properly here in Texas in the summer, the 0/20 oil. It seams to love the 40s and 50s we have right now.

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

I will give it to you on the traction control. This weekend we had our first minor snow in Texas. The Dart was a little wild on the ice, even when the traction control kicked in. To the point that I think I need to take it in to get checked.

4. paullybob

paullybob Member

Was in SPI two weeks ago and you don't have cold weather!!! Cold for you most definitely but not cold for us Northern Canadians (try -40 with a 35 mph wind and whiteout conditions for 12 hours!!) !! Stopped by Don Johnson CDRJ in Brownsville and ordered a ram induction setup for my sport hood, was 85 degrees and humid. Traction control is normal for a factory set up, just trying to find its way without putting you in a ditch somewhere, lol. summer will be better especially if you have the Autostik feature. With a manual, I was never able to figure out why you'd need it but whatever.

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

My 1.4 runs a bit rough below freezing - though that might have been bad gasoline. (It's a manual.) “the suspension bushings are incredibly hard when the weather turns cold. Every little bump or dip in the road results on a horrible thud in the car.”

Yes, mine too. And damn, hitting those potholes — it’s terrible.

paullybob likes this.