NewsThe official vehicle of Canada Day • Ram leaving “big rig” look behind? • Musical (engine) plants

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diagnostic codes 2006 PT

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by cliffw1, Mar 26, 2017.

1. cliffw1

cliffw1 New Member

Gotta take old girl in for e test Cylinder 1 misfire. Fan 2 control circuit. O2 sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2. Codes cleared several times & reappear. No obvious loose connectors etc. New plugs. Any ideas? Which is O2 sensor 2. Thanks

2. pt006

pt006 Member

O2 sensor 2 is the one on the back of the cat converter. Check for a bad ground or corroded terminal.

3. cliffw1

cliffw1 New Member

4. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

Have you checked the fender grounds on the drivers side fender? You'll have to remove your battery to get to them, but they're a known area that can rust or break from corrosion caused by a vapor leak from the battery. I'd pull the battery, clean those connectors and see what happens. pt006 and I are also both members on a PT Cruiser forum. If you're interested in joining us, let one of us know and we'll give you the site link.

5. cliffw1

cliffw1 New Member

Thanks chuzz. I think that might be it Removed & cleaned grounds. Drove 80 km. No errors. Sure would like link.

6. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

You may be able to feel a cylinder misfire as a roughness or shaking. The #1 spark plug tip may appear a different color than the other 3 if this is a problem with this particular cylinder.
    OEM spark plugs (Champion/NGK) Copper core is recommended. New plug wires are recommended every other spark plug change. I have also had issues with non OEM O2 sensors, particularly generic/universal or Bosch O2 sensors. NGK or NTK are the OEM O2 sensor supplier.
    A misfiring spark plug will send unburned oxygen into the exhaust system where an O2 sensor will see unburned oxygen as a lean mixture. The PCM will try to compensate by driving the injectors rich. This can make matters worse for a carbon fouled spark plug.
    The fan control circuit fault code may be unrelated. What is the 'P' code of the circuit fault?

7. cliffw1

cliffw1 New Member

Thanks for input guys. Cleaned grounds & replaced #1 plug wire. Passed. Good for another 2 years. Your help greatly appreciated.

8. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

Cliff, go to www.ptcruiserlinks.com. Both pt006 and I are members there too. And some of the other guys here are too, I just don't remember who else. Having had two brain surgeries messed up my short term memory.