NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory radio issue

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by Rags Maddox, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Rags Maddox

Rags Maddox New Member

I haven't posted in awhile, but wanted to see if anyone's had a similar issue. I just had to replace the PCM in my sister's 2003 PT GT for the 2nd time. Afterward, everything is working except the factory radio. It's not turning on at all. I was wondering if the 2 things are related, or if just by coincidence, there's an issue with the radio now...

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

Check both fuses? The radio is turned on and off by the communications bus, but if that was down, you would have other symptoms. It wouldn't be related directly to the PCM replacement, but possibly something opened or shorted during the changeout? Was the battery disconnected during the PCM service?

3. Rags Maddox

Rags Maddox New Member

I wasn't involved with the PCM swap, but after I posted, my sister said the 2nd time she drove the car, the radio turned on like normal... She also said with the new Syked stage 1 flashed PCM, the car has never felt quicker lol. It had a standard Stage 1 PCM previously.