NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front wheel well ground strap

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by JDK52, Feb 3, 2017.

1. JDK52

JDK52 New Member

Both of the ground straps in the front wheel wells of this 2006 PT are broken.
    The end attached to the plug in the frame is present, but the wires are missing the other end and I don't see an obvious connection for them.

Where should these ground wires attach?

Thanks.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

They should bolt to the strut next to where the ABS WSS/brake hose bracket attaches (see item #2). They are important to dissipate static charges(?) that build up from the tires and can lead to wheel bearing failure.
    [​IMG]

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  3. JDK52

JDK52 New Member

Once more,
    Thank you for your rapid and informative response.
    I appreciate your explaining the purpose of these grounding straps.

I will make up some replacements.

Just purchased this a week ago as a replacement for my sons car.

In the process of changing out the timing belt and other 100k services and spotted the ground strap issue.

4. Gerry G

Gerry G Member

I found replacements online for about $10 apiece, 4794264 (right) and 4794265 (left)

For those that doubt the importance of the strap, the clip on body end on my wife's '02 PT was loose. The part of the plastic cap that was touching the clip was melted from the arcing.

JDK52 likes this.