NewsAt last, the Demon price • New 500L launched • Updated: Engine recap

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Rockauto :(

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by mr2tim, Jan 23, 2017.

1. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

Gentleman, you may have missed the point. Every single part in the timing belt order had a $tag of it's own, for a "total" of $50. RA sent their parts in >(1) one< lite-weight box for $50.
    Mr Valiant?, if a retired gent on social security wants to save money, is it really greed, really now??? I'm not running a markup business here, as you imply. This is my wife's car.
    Granted, RA can do good on single items and yea, shipping companies are worth a $study.
    Yur right Dave, I will "be careful" when I buy from RA, after I chill down some. :cool:

2. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Member

I'm a little confused after reading your original post and all subsequent posts.

If you did not agree with the $50 shipping charge - why did you place the order and pay for it?

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  3. Meester Beeg

Meester Beeg Member

I ordered brake drums, shoes and hardware for the Dakota and shipping was quite reasonable. IIRC it was around $15.

4. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

It really depends on what you are buying (size/weight) and shipping method chosen. (And of course, where you are on the planet). I've found that some items, even with shipping, are still cheaper than buying it local. Other items are however crazy with shipping charges. So, you have to check the total in the shopping cart before committing. RA has some great brand named parts and better quality parts then I've been able to find locally. Some at really great pricing too.

5. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

Months later and nothings changed. Looked for a thermostat and new seal. Same crap different day.
    Thermostat and the seal for $9.80 (sure, that's a great price right?)
    but then, 2 each $2.99 shipping fee= $6

I'm sorry fellas, but if you cannot see a problem with 66% of the selling price for shipping then your lost in the math.

6. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

I don't care how much of the price is shipping. What I care about is the bottom line. I compare RockAuto, Amazon and local parts stores on line. Then I pick the best deal. Sometimes it's RockAuto, sometimes it's not. My last parts order is RockAuto, beating Amazon Prime's free shipping.

7. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

Shipping cost has no relation to the price of the item. It's weight and volume. If you had had a box full of shredded paper shipped to you, the cost would be about the same.

page2171 likes this.