NewsKeeping the (valve lift) pressure up • Behind the Jeep/Ram spinoff chatter • Demon to beat Exorcist?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellcat Trackhawk spotted - Video/Pictures

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by dakrt99, Oct 20, 2016.

1. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

2. ramajama

ramajama Member

WoW! Thats cool! Getting the mileage out of the HellCat!! Put that thing in everything!

Say it with me...TRX...TRX...TRX.....

Alonzo Del Real, suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

4. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

One thing that is curious, the roll cage. Can someone ascertain why it would have a cage? High speed testing? Track testing?

5. tomaz

tomaz Active Member

prototypes have Cages not for as a Roll Cage, but for increased rigidity. i think some prototypes with Cages are wired to a computer to find stress points in the chassis where it would need extra strengthening for say, something with near 650lb ft of torque.

Illegal Machine and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. EVOL

EVOL Member

Remember when some goof-balls on here used to say that engine would never fit in the GC.....lol

7. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Active Member

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Notice no fog lights like the rest of the HELLCAT lineup.

Mike V. likes this.
  9. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Member Level III Supporter

I like how he gave them a slight blip on the throttle!

10. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

Many of the early Hellcat Challenger mules had cages in them as well. Some of these vehicles do go through some pretty strenuous testing on the track. Actually ALL of the SRT vehicles are subjected to major track time in the development phase. Having a cage just increases the safety factor for testing, especially in the early stages where the parameters are probably not nailed down really close, and when pushing the limit to help define those parameters, something COULD easily get out of hand.

11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I'd buy a Hellcat with a cage, just saying. Add that to the options list.

12. MoparDanno

Through Mopar Performance maybe, but as a factory option? Hell no. Do you have any idea what kind of safety issues a cage creates for someone not wearing a harness or a helmet??? No WAY that would pass the MVSS.

In fact, this very thing is a big debate with the NHRA and all of these "street" cars that are getting so quick anymore. I mean we have street legal cars running what top fuel ran 20 years ago ( in the 5's ). So some of the lesser 9 and 10 second cars, of which there are many street legal versions on the road, are upset because a cage on civilian roads is actually a very big safety hazard. Even a minor crash could be fatal if your head comes in contact with one of the side bars.

FWIW

duster92, UN4GTBL, ramajama and 2 others like this.
  13. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

GT3 RS is the only car I can think of that currently has a roll cage. However, it is limited to the rear section, away from the passengers. But yeah, imagine hitting your head against the cage in an accident.

14. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I've added a roll cage to almost every vehicle I've modded in GTA 5. All deaths have been circumstantial - ie. woulda died with or without the cage.

15. MoparDanno

That's actually considered a roll bar, not a roll cage.

There are very significant differences between the two.

Hemidakota and Mike V. like this.