NewsState of the Hemi, 2022 • Even Demon test cars live to be broken • FCA racks in NEMPA awards

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tow my PT cruiser?

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by clark owen, Apr 24, 2017.

1. clark owen

clark owen New Member

The other day I needed to tow my son's 2005 PT cruiser. It is so low to the ground we never did figure out how to do it, so I had to pay the wrecker $100 to take it a short distance. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions how to weld a hook to the frame or something. Please help.
    co

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

For a FWD vehicle it's preferred to get the drive wheels (front in this case) off the ground. The best suggestion I have is renting a tow dolly (about $50) if your tow vehicle has a hitch. In my opinion it would not be cost effective to weld a hook or brace to the frame. Maybe add towing/breakdown coverage to your insurance policy? It's only a few dollars.

3. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

Hi Clark,

If you paid $100 for a tow you need to join AAA. I have 5 cars all older than you probably :). I get 4 "free" tows per year AND they can be within 100 miles from home.

It's bargain for me because I'm a hobby mechanic? and well, my work isn't guaranteed .......

Doug D likes this.