NewsThe minivan that just won’t die • Spotted: the terms for Demon owners • Ram vs “rest of FCA” in JD Power

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nav System

Discussion in 'Modern Cherokee (KL)' started by 6944CC, Jun 9, 2017.

1. 6944CC

6944CC New Member

how can I determine if the nav system software my dealer installed in my 2017 Cherokee contains the most current info?

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. I see no TSBs (technical service bulletins) for nav software updates. You can go to the Uconnect website to check for the latest and greatest map updates:
    Uconnect® Software Update - Update your Uconnect® System (at https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ )
    If your vehicle was built before Dec 20, 2016, there may be software updates for the engine and transaxle. For 4-cyl, there is TSB 18-012-17 and for 6-cyl there is 18-013-17. For the transaxle there is 21-006-17.
    The updates address possible false fault code sets with limp-in and improved shift quality.

3. 6944CC

6944CC New Member

my concern is not that the nav system itself is current, I believe it is. My concern is the map info. For example, there are 2 two-year old rotary intersections near my house that are not shown in the map.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

The map update is separate and will cost.
    You should be able to view the map version on your system and compare it to the latest available online.