NewsFiery finish for Beckman – Updated with points • The official vehicle of Canada Day • Ram leaving “big rig” look behind?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2016 Dart Owner

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by AvengerGuy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Member

OK, the Dart is not a left-over new car, but a used Dart SXT. With the 2.0L and 6-speed auto. But, it is the Torred color of red and looks and runs great. Had really wanted a 6-speed stick car, but they were all out-of-town, and the ones I most wanted were out-of-state. I just didn't have the time to do what it takes to get one shipped to me. I work a lot of hours, and my schedule is subject to change and it often does. I end up getting called in to work more now than ever, as we are short one person, and people also are using their vacation days. Which explains why I haven't been on here lately as much as I used to.

My brother went with me and agrees that I not only got a car that I wanted, but I also got exactly what I needed. Most of all I got a very good deal. Only $10,780 before TT&L. Just a heck of a deal. Most of all is it just feels right. That is, when I sit down in the seats, they fit me JUST RIGHT. Presently, seat comfort is one the highest factors in any vehicle purchase. As I've done since about the year 2000, I read lots of owner reviews online in order to be well-informed of all the good and (potentially) bad points of the car. With some glaring exceptions, I found mostly good reviews of the Dart. It's exciting to be in a late-model car again, as my daily driver 1998 Stratus sedan , with only 131K miles, will be 20 years old later this year. In case I haven't mentioned this before, I've wanted a Dart ever since they came out in 2012. Had previously driven a new 2014 SE model with a stick. And, more recently driven a used 2013 with the 1.4L turbo and a stick. It was a fun little car, very enjoyable to drive, but I wanted a newer Dart. Think I'm going to be very happy as I have a 70 mile round-trip commute. And, yes, even though it is not a performance car - which I of course would really like - it has more than adequate performance for my daily commute. Still thinking of the possibility of a Charger or 300 sometime in the future. Just being frugal now cause I need to be.

PCRMike, tlc, MPE426HEMI and 7 others like this.
  2. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride. Supporter

I really miss my 2015 Dart SXT... :-(
    [​IMG]

PCRMike likes this.
  3. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Active Member

Congrats! Great to find something that fits you ...

Important to be pleased with your ride with a required 70 mile round trip daily.

Here's to several years of pleasant service - Cheers!

4. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Member

Great post. Sounds like you got a good car. I hope the head of FCA reads this.
    By the way I like whenever someone says they wanted a stick shift because that goes against the whole idea of self driving cars! A foolish idea imo.

Bob Lincoln and tlc like this.
  5. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum New Member

I wish I had one :(

Ahem...... that aside, Congrats on the new ride!