NewsThe minivan that just won’t die • Spotted: the terms for Demon owners • Ram vs “rest of FCA” in JD Power

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Charger squad for sale

Discussion in 'Police, Taxis, Ambulances, etc' started by Dave Z, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:33 AM.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

A reader just sent me this ---

If you happen to hear of anyone interested in buying a 2017 Dodge Charger Pursuit, I have one just off the truck.. after driving it home it has 65 or so miles on it, and can be sold to the public, with $5,500 off MSRP.

2017 Hemi w/AWD Pitch Black, black cloth seats and carpet. Power/heated mirrors, Drivers LED spot lamp, police metal center console, security alarm, fleet park assist group, full sized spare.

Obviously never in service, and never damaged, and full factory warranty. 100% new condition.

MSRP $38,630.00 and can sell for $33,000.00 and simply gorgeous.

2. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Member

Too much.

These cars aren't sold new at retail prices, mostly because they aren't retail cars.
    For example, here is a link to Chicagoland 2017 vehicle contracts, with prices for the Dodge:

http://www.nwmc-cog.org/SPC-Documents/SPC_2017_Charger_Pursuit_Price_List-_Order_Form.aspx

Second, if this is a Dodge dealer, here's a quote directly to me from the Fleet police program manager:

"Gov. sales staff advises a law enforcement vehicle can be sold if it has been in service for at least six months."

Now, this policy went from ''absolutely not' since Day 1, to 'one model year' for about the last 5 years, to the present 6 months.
    I believe what they actually mean here is that the car has to be titled for 6 months, as demo's are certainly sold this way without issue.

3. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Member Level III Supporter

I wouldn't mind having that, if only......