NewsNew 500L launched • Updated: Engine recap • Mopar dominates Funny Car, sets records

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next gen large cars

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by bramptonbodyshop, Mar 30, 2017.

1. bramptonbodyshop

bramptonbodyshop Member

This is very unofficial but I was told today to expect an announcement in the next few months regarding the next large cars...

2. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

next as in current platform revisions or next as in the G architecture whatever they name it?

3. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

If it's regarding the next generation on GUS, it's still way too soon for me to believe anything they say given how often they seem to change their minds.

4. bramptonbodyshop

bramptonbodyshop Member

Next platform,...

guyverfanboy, danbek, TripleT and 2 others like this.
  5. DarkSky

At this point, what exactly could be released? It's a few years too early.

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Just an announcement about continuing their commitment to Brampton I am sure and future investment.

7. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

The question of the day is, will Brampton be building the new 300... or not?

8. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Member

I'm betting no and neither will anyone else...

9. wilbur

wilbur Member

Is there going to be a 300? If so, is it going to be CUV based...

I doubt you will answer but just thinking out loud...

10. DarkSky

I don't think anyone knows what exactly is happening to the 300. I've heard it'll be based on the Pacifica platform, then I heard that it'll be on the G platform. The rumors switch back and forth. It's probably too soon to tell.

11. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

Yes they should make plans 10 years in advance and stick to them no matter how the market or business climate changes... wait? OK no.

I get we are fans and we get excited and want what we want...... but it not lying to adjust business plans to optimize one business and react to dynamics.

Its likely that they will be forced to use something new in the future to save weight. Some of the things in the Alfa that are being proven out do not require changing architecture. They can implement them in the current platform, phasing them in.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  12. DarkSky

Of course they can change their mind as new situations arise. I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm simply saying that it's way too soon for definitive details to be released considering any number of obstacles could come up between now and 2021.

guyverfanboy, jam1, TripleT and 2 others like this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yup, design aspects are done and things are moving.

We shall see what happens.

Mike

HotCarNut, guyverfanboy, tlc and 2 others like this.
  14. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Member

Clearly Unable to Validate ;)

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

That's a great question :)

Mike

James A likes this.