NewsThe minivan that just won’t die • Spotted: the terms for Demon owners • Ram vs “rest of FCA” in JD Power

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please pray for my brother

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by Bob Lincoln, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

We just got a call from one of my sisters-in-law. My older brother Steve coded at work today around 1 pm Pacific time, fell and hit his head. Someone on scene administered CPR right away, and defibrillated. EMS got there within a few minutes and revived him. But he is unconscious, and they are keeping him that way to minimize oxygen demand and any brain damage. They won’t know his neurological status for awhile.
    They found that he has two blockages in cardiac arteries that he did not know about, and one of them is old, as some smaller blood vessels have grown around and bypassed that blockage.
    We don’t know any more at this point, we didn’t want to keep her on the phone for long while she waits for updates.
    Please pray for him. He is almost 58 years old and has always been in excellent health and physical condition. Thanks.

2. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum New Member

My prayers are with him and your family. My fullest condolences for this terrible accident.

3. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

I am sorry to hear that, Bob. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Sorry to hear this Bob. Will keep him in my prayers.

5. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

We'll add him to our prayer list too, Bob. Having suffered head injuries, I know how rough it can be.

6. Bob Lincoln

Thank you. No word yet. This afternoon they were supposed to warm him back to room temperature and let the sedation wear off, wake him up to see what kind of damage there is. He's in CA, so a 3-yr lag from us.

7. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Member

Yes Bob I will pray for him.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  8. Bob Lincoln

MORE GOOD NEWS: Overnight, they removed the breathing tube, Steve was awake and fully cognizant. They have discontinued all meds except a blood thinner. The doctor wants him to walk today. The nurse said that she has never seen someone recover so fast from a cardiac arrest. I attribute it to the excellent medical care, Steve's overall great physical condition and determination, and also to the prayers of more than 100 people, many of whom don't know him. Thank you all for your support. He still has a significant road to recovery, but all indicators are very good at this point.

9. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

That's great news! I hope he continues to recover.

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Hope he continues to improve and some more prayers for him.

11. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

Excellent news about Steve, Bob. Thanks for letting us know. So many people don't believe in God but He's still working miracles every day. I'm grateful that Steve will be okay.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  12. Bob Lincoln

LAST NIGHT’S UPDATE: Steve is free of all tubes and machines except supplemental oxygen, as his blood oxygen levels continue to be a little low. He is only on a blood thinner for meds, and from what I have read, that can be several months or even a year (he had two stents put in). He is having problems with short-term memory and cannot remember anything of last Thursday or Friday, the day of the heart attack. He also cannot remember visits since he awoke, and continually has to be told that he had a heart attack, as he thinks he had a stroke, and is surprised each time with the news. However, this should improve with time. Today he will be walking a little – it was postponed yesterday.
    The ER doctor came up to visit him. He told Tracy that he normally never visits with patients after they move on from the ER, but he had heard of how quickly Steve is recovering, and was so surprised about someone who “was at death’s door” doing so well that he had to see for himself. So, continued good news and thank you again for your continued prayers and well wishes.

Doug D likes this.
  13. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Member

Bob thank you for the update and I am very happy that he is getting better.

14. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

The memory loss is quite common with a heart attack, Bob. My father-in-law struggled with his memories for a while after his heart attack. That was the first one. The second one was worse and the third one took him away from us. With Steves quick recovery, I doubt that he's going to have many problems within a few months from now.