NewsState of the Hemi, 2022 • Even Demon test cars live to be broken • FCA racks in NEMPA awards

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by Whtowl, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Whtowl

Whtowl Member

I have a 2007 Pt Cruiser with satellite radio. Rest of the radio works fine. The satellite part will work for a while then cut in and out. I get the channel information but no sound. I replaced the antenna with no luck in solving the problem. Is there a replacement for the satellite reciver or do I replace the radio with an aftermarket radio?
    Also does anyone have a good source for aftermarket headlights and tailights?

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. You probably want the service manual to diagnose the Satellite radio system. There is a satellite module behind the LR 1/4 trim panel. It must have both battery and ignition power to it. Test the coax cable between the module and antenna for an intermittent connection/internal break. This module also needs CAN bus C communication.
    You want it to act up while testing in order to find the problem.
    It may not be a problem in the radio itself. You might need an advanced scan tool to read radio-based fault codes and run tests.
    I went through CarParts.com for Sebring headlamps for my best deal. Make sure that the parts are described as 'OEM' and 'Direct Fit'.