NewsNew 500L launched • Updated: Engine recap • Mopar dominates Funny Car, sets records

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing belt change complete, won't roll over

Discussion in 'Neon' started by coltmac, Jan 16, 2017.

1. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

Well, even though you went through hell with it, at least you stayed with it and solved it! Kudos to you and congratulations.

2. Jason_MKG

Jason_MKG New Member

I thought I would add too, that if you have access to a borescope, (I got mine at Harbor Freight recently for I think $70?) you'll be able to stick it down each spark plug hole and, with the 45° mirror, look up at the valves. If the crank/cam is in the compression stroke, both valves should be closed. Using the borescope, you'll be able to see whether or not the valve(s) are bent. It makes checking for things like this so much easier and proves out whether or not you have a possible valve job on your hands. Just my 2 cents. :) Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear you got your Neon running again! Nice work!!