NewsWho makes the “most American” vehicles? • Meet the upgraded 2018 Durangos • Rumored Challenger Hellcat Widebody: it’s real

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wagoneer delayed - change of plans, screwup, or what?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

But everyone said Autoline was lying and wasn't a good source.

3. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

I didn’t say either of those things...

That said, sorry about the server glitch a couple of minutes ago.

12soldier and valiant67 like this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

I don't want to be Mr. Negativity here like so many, but this just doesn't sound good to me. They seem to be kicking the can down the road and hoping things will work out by the time they get there.

FreeLantz, dennisimperial and GasAxe like this.
  6. 1969 300

1969 300 Member

I can see where you are coming from. My guess is that like with the K-Car in 1981, once the new 1500 and Wrangler are launched at a greater clip, more revenues will flow in (along with the debt being paid down) and some of these projects- including the Wagoneer and the Chrysler CUVs- will be put on the fast track again. My only concern is that the Chrysler brand will be completely irrelevant by then.

HotCarNut and dennisimperial like this.
  7. 1969 300

1969 300 Member

I found this interesting article from Australia. It talks of a three-row Grand Cherokee. A lot of tea leaves....

I guess the question now is Warren Truck. From what I was heard, workers were told by plant management at a meeting that they are looking at keeping the plant at least a two-shift operation albeit at a slower line rate. I have also heard rumors about some work being moved back to the US from Mexico which is quickly becoming vogue these days with Trump. My guess- and it is only that- is that WTAP will start building some 2500 and 3500 HDs and later a BOF SUV(s).

8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

I wonder, since I don't follow any of the other brands, do they have as many product delays & cancellations (not saying this is a cancellation...yet)?? Viewing FCA by itself via a narrow lens certainly gives the impression that they have no idea what they are doing more often than not.

dennisimperial likes this.
  9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Level 2 Supporter

Agreed. I have been hearing the program is still on schedule from my sources. Remember the program was originally supposed to have a launch of 2016 model year. That was in 2009.

BTW, @Christopher nice avatar of the Saginaw!

Christopher likes this.
  10. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member Level III Supporter

Many of the same that said Marchionne didn't make an offer to GM via email.....

JavelinAMX and Robert Johnson like this.
  11. romalerig

romalerig Member

Guys, we are near the end of the year which means.....Just a tip, wait for january ;)

Jeep1996, suzq044 and Ruptured Duck like this.
  12. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Member

How may millions have been spent on development since 2009 and now they want to cancel it? :confused:

13. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

How dare you counsel patience. This is the Internet, things like logic and patience and understanding have no place here! :)

14. DBY2014

DBY2014 Member

For what- concept vehicles?

cygnus likes this.
  15. jclick

jclick Member

Wow. I try to stay positive about things but this is bad news.