cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Online Microfiche, Part diagrams, service manuals fo PT's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 mrbret

mrbret
  • 8 posts

Posted January 22, 2008 at 04:47 am

Title says it all really.

Where can I find free online Microfiche, Part diagrams, service manuals for PT's ???

It does not matter what I need it for, please post any links etc that have any of the above.

Thanks

#2 Tom Cooke

Tom Cooke
  • Inactive
  • 17 posts

Posted January 22, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Have you looked at http://www.ptdoityourself.net/?

#3 mrbret

mrbret
  • 8 posts

Posted January 24, 2008 at 04:06 pm

Have you looked at http://www.ptdoityourself.net/?

If you saw something on there that I missed :unsure: please post a link but I did not find anything even close to what I was looking for. :(

#4 mrbret

mrbret
  • 8 posts

Posted January 25, 2008 at 01:03 pm

Do I take the lack of replies to mean there is nothing of this kind online or it is not an exciting enough thread to reply to?

#5 Tom Cooke

Tom Cooke
  • Inactive
  • 17 posts

Posted January 25, 2008 at 02:16 pm

In the words of the late great Robert Heinlein, TANSTAAFL.... ;)

If you just want assistance sorting some specific problem out, my impression (as a newbie) is that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this and other forums who are glad to go to a lot of trouble to help. As regards the stuff you originally posted about, well, I guess a lot of it is copyright and/or chargeable if online at all.

Do you guys have Haynes manuals over there? They're excellent for the private owner with a lot of mechanical aptitude (I don't class myself in there, though I do (did) have the skills to dismantle the easier pieces of a single-cylinder motorcycle engine and still have it work when I put it back :P )

#6 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,634 posts

Posted January 25, 2008 at 04:56 pm

Apply for a job at Chrysler Engineering - I suspect they've got lots of CATIA diagrams.

#7 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Vaguely badass...

• Supermen
  • Others:Supporters
  • 19,601 posts

Posted January 25, 2008 at 05:12 pm

Most of the items that you are looking for are copyrighted material, and as such, generally aren't available for free public consumption.

Having said that, AutoZone.com has taken to putting bits and pieces of their repair manuals online as reference for changing parts.

Otherwise, purchasing a service manual or an alldatadiy.com subscription is not a bad way to go.

#8 talkietime

talkietime
  • Inactive
  • 11 posts

Posted January 25, 2008 at 07:17 pm

Hard copy or PDF versions of factory PT Cruiser Service Manuals may be found at:

www.techauthority.com

#9 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Vaguely badass...

• Supermen
  • Others:Supporters
  • 19,601 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 at 10:48 am

Hard copy or PDF versions of factory PT Cruiser Service Manuals may be found at:

www.techauthority.com

Where a 2007 PT Cruiser printer service manual can be yours for just $360. CD-based version is only $120.

;)

#10 mrbret

mrbret
  • 8 posts

Posted January 27, 2008 at 05:26 am

Apply for a job at Chrysler Engineering - I suspect they've got lots of CATIA diagrams.

What a great idea, Why didn't I think of something so simple. :unsure:

Most of the items that you are looking for are copyrighted material, and as such, generally aren't available for free public consumption.

Having said that, AutoZone.com has taken to putting bits and pieces of their repair manuals online as reference for changing parts.

Otherwise, purchasing a service manual or an alldatadiy.com subscription is not a bad way to go.

I did try there but they only go upto 2000, to early for PT's

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.