cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Camshaft Position Sensor 3.5 Liter Concorde

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 lilja

lilja
  • Inactive
  • 1 posts

Posted November 6, 2008 at 02:17 pm

Can anyone tell me where the Camshaft Position sensor is on the Chrysler Concorde?

thanks.

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,762 posts

Posted November 7, 2008 at 02:37 am

It's in a slightly different location depending if it's a 93-97 or 98-04 3.5 L. It should be on the driver's side head, near the front by the intake manifold. It is a black plastic sensor with 1 bolt holding it and has a 3 wire connector.

#3 IS300M

IS300M
  • Inactive
  • 8 posts

Posted November 18, 2008 at 10:00 pm

I replaced the camshaft position sensor on the 300M (at 21K), I got it at the dealer for $54. I did not completely remove all the bolts on the plenum, I left the two bracket bolts on (but loosened) tilted the plenum up just a smidgen got the old one out and slid the new one in. You can remove and install the Camshaft Position Sensor bolt with the plenum still attached. There is a specific pattern that you are supposed to follow when tightening down the plenum too.
Posted Image

another key install point:

Install sensor in the timing belt housing and push sensor down until contact is made with the camshaft sprocket. While holding the sensor in this position, install and tighten the retaining bolt to 12 N·m (105 in. lbs.) torque.

#4 135SoHc

135SoHc
  • 2,790 posts

Posted November 18, 2008 at 11:11 pm

I just replaced the one on our 03 concorde for the 2nd time the other day.

aftermarket sensor is $40

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.