cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Installing Solenoid Pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mopar_doug

mopar_doug
  • 69 posts

Posted February 1, 2009 at 04:16 pm

Was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on installing a solenoid gasket on my 2001 PT auto transmission. I thought I would try the gasket first to stop my leak ( smart or not? ). It is without doubt leaking from here ( visual inspection ) and have read that sometimes the solenoid is warped and replacing the gasket would not help. Any way to tell this before I do the gasket only? I have read the service manual and the work does not seem to hard. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 juma1998

juma1998

Moparaholic

• 2,429 posts

Posted February 5, 2009 at 07:33 pm

Was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on installing a solenoid gasket on my 2001 PT auto transmission. I thought I would try the gasket first to stop my leak ( smart or not? ). It is without doubt leaking from here ( visual inspection ) and have read that sometimes the solenoid is warped and replacing the gasket would not help. Any way to tell this before I do the gasket only? I have read the service manual and the work does not seem to hard. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you checked to insure the part hasn't changed? I thought in my 03 Neon the Sol Pack had the gasket built on.... And rather you had to change the whole pack. Not sure

#3 mopar_doug

mopar_doug
  • 69 posts

Posted February 5, 2009 at 11:12 pm

Part number has been updated, but the gasket is still needed.

#4 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,751 posts

Posted February 6, 2009 at 03:42 am

Remove the 8-pin connector (5/16" screwhead). Clean dirt from the pack area. Remove the 3 - 10mm bolts and lift off the pack. There may be some spillage. Replace the gasket. It's a block of machined aluminum so it probably isn't warped. The steel cover seal is what leaks. If this is what is leaking, no service is recommended, the seal is not availible separately and sol-pack replacement is the only suggested option.

#5 juma1998

juma1998

Moparaholic

• 2,429 posts

Posted February 6, 2009 at 11:27 am

Remove the 8-pin connector (5/16" screwhead). Clean dirt from the pack area. Remove the 3 - 10mm bolts and lift off the pack. There may be some spillage. Replace the gasket. It's a block of machined aluminum so it probably isn't warped. The steel cover seal is what leaks. If this is what is leaking, no service is recommended, the seal is not availible separately and sol-pack replacement is the only suggested option.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.