cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Esp/bas Light On Chrysler 300

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Longs

Longs
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted May 3, 2009 at 09:49 am

2006 Chrysler 300 Limited. ESP/BAS light is on, won't turn off. I have tried the suggestions found on the web. Tried the "reset" of turning the wheel all the way left, then right, then to center. No codes stored based on "key on-key off" three times. Disconnected the battery and reconnected. Tried pulling fuses to EVIC. Nothing in particular has transpired - no accident, etc.

Any suggestions on where to look? Car only has 13K miles but was purchased in October 2005 so I don't believe this would be covered under the warranty.

Thx,
Longs

#2 TWX

TWX

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 8,871 posts

Posted May 3, 2009 at 05:24 pm

Sounds like it might be time to invest in a fairly nice OBD-II Code reader capable of handling extended manufacturer codes. I only have one OBD-II-capable Chrysler product so I haven't got that route yet either, but if you're planning on keeping the car for any long length of time then $200-$300 might be a worthwhile investment.

#3 valiant67

valiant67

Rich, Corinthian Leather

• Supporters III
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 22,450 posts

Posted May 3, 2009 at 06:16 pm

An OBDII computer that reads the codes from those modules might be prohibitively expensive.

It could very well be a simple part like a wheel speed sensor. The reason you can't turn it off is likely because the fault is still occurring. You'll probably need to bite the bullet and get is scanned. Of course, you could try cleaning the sensors at each wheel too if you'd remove each tire. It's a gamble if you want to invest that time before investing money.

#4 Tom Dawson

Tom Dawson

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy it."

• 1,077 posts

Posted May 3, 2009 at 08:19 pm

Or you could need something as simple as a software update
Tom

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.