cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Wheel Interchange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,053 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 at 10:15 am

Hey Guys, does anyone know if the 15" wheels off a PT Cruiser will fit the Dodge Caliber? Got a buddy in FL that hit a piece of steel on the interstate and blew out one tire and dented both wheels on the passenger side of his Caliber. I think they're the same bolt pattern, I just don't know about the offset for the calipers. Thanks

#2 HoleShot

HoleShot
  • 1,808 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 at 09:59 pm

Hey Guys, does anyone know if the 15" wheels off a PT Cruiser will fit the Dodge Caliber? Got a buddy in FL that hit a piece of steel on the interstate and blew out one tire and dented both wheels on the passenger side of his Caliber. I think they're the same bolt pattern, I just don't know about the offset for the calipers. Thanks

My 2002 PT was the 5x100mm bolt pattern. Now I thought the Neons were the last to use that size. Maybe the Caliber is 5x114.3mm?

#3 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,053 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Hmmmmm, maybe a good salvage yard could tell me. Or better yet, I'll just call the dealership.

#4 ~CelticMoon~

~CelticMoon~

Is pushing for progress!

• 3,056 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 at 02:20 am

Will the 15" even clear? What trim caliber dose he have? Break clearance might be the bigger challenge I know on the R/T that will not clear the breaks.

The SE should fit 15s(since that is the size it comes standard with) and the SXT might (it comes with 17s) (and 18s are the smallest that will fit on the SRT)

#5 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,053 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 at 07:55 am

He's got the base model Caliber with fifteen inch wheels, 1.8 liter engine and stick shift.

#6 ~CelticMoon~

~CelticMoon~

Is pushing for progress!

• 3,056 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 at 01:37 pm

He's got the base model Caliber with fifteen inch wheels, 1.8 liter engine and stick shift.

I don't know about the bolt patern etc though.

#7 catdaddy63

catdaddy63
  • 58 posts

Posted May 25, 2009 at 05:54 pm

According to tirerack.com the PT wheels are 5x100, the Caliber rims are 5x113. Not compatible.

#8 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,053 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 at 08:25 am

Thanks catdaddy. I'll let him know. I appreciate it.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.