cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

2009 Dodge Journey SXT - Key Fob

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Doug D

Doug D

Virginia Gentleman

• 9,054 posts

Posted September 16, 2009 at 09:26 pm

Well, my wife's key fob for the Journey went dead. She wanted to swap keys since she is heading out of town tomorrow. Told her I'd get a battery replacement at the dealership on the way home - only $6. (I paid $26 for a replacement battery for our T&C key fob so $6 is good). Went to replace the battery. Got the back cover off without any problem. Couldn't figure out how to slide the battery out - just could not get a grip on the battery. It's angled slightly up with part of the battery under the out edge of the fob. Ended up tapping the key fob on the table to gently force the battery out and it finally popped out. Slid the new one, replaced cover and tested it - worked fine. Owner's manual was of no help. Yes, it did tell you pop off the back cover, but did not tell you how to R&R the battery. Just said to replace it. (Duh!).

Must have been a weak battery in her fob. Mine works fine. In fact, the key fobs for my '06 Ram are three years old (we've only had the Journey 18 months) and they work fine. Go figure.

Replacement of the Journey fob battery probably applies to most of the '09 models as well as I think most of them are similar.

Hope that helps anyone with the same issue.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.