cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

2002 Concorde Limited solenoid pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 rabbar

rabbar
  • Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted October 4, 2009 at 10:12 am

Hello All...

I have taken my car in for the infamous "limp mode" problem with the transmission and have been told by
the Chrysler repair tech that I have a bad solenoid pack. It is recommended to replace the pack and have
the transmission flushed and have new fluid added. I have no problem with this except I cannot find the
solenoid pack part number ANYWHERE. I have found websites discussing different transmissions and
different parts, but I need the specific part number for my specific car. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. the dealer wants $588.00 to just replace the solenoid pack, not including the transmission
flush and fluid replacement. I would like to see if I can do better by finding the part on my own.
Thanks in advance for any help given.

rabbar123

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,753 posts

Posted October 4, 2009 at 11:32 am

What were your fault code(s)? The sol pack on the 42LE is inside on the valve body (not external, like the 41TE). The reason that I ask, is that they don't fail that often.

#3 rabbar

rabbar
  • Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted October 4, 2009 at 10:03 pm

What were your fault code(s)? The sol pack on the 42LE is inside on the valve body (not external, like the 41TE). The reason that I ask, is that they don't fail that often.

I was told the fault codes were p0700 and p1776. The technician said he tested the transmission and it was good. I am not sure
how tested it, but I was relieved to hear it was ok.

#4 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,753 posts

Posted October 5, 2009 at 03:12 am

There was a TSB # 21-008-04A that gave diagnostic tips for this code (P1776)- Solenoid switch valve latched in the LR position. You want to be careful here, the solenoid valve is NOT located in the solenoid pack, but is in the valve body. There is a build date stamped on the valve body, if the Julian date falls between 3001 (300th day of 2001)and 0603 (60th day of 2003), replace the sol pack, NOT the valve body. You also want to rule out any shift cable mis-adjustment/wear issues. Make sure that your technician is aware of and reads this bulletin before spending your money.

#5 rabbar

rabbar
  • Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted October 5, 2009 at 02:08 pm

Thank you for the information. Obviously there is a lot I do not know regarding this issue. It does seem to be a fairly
common problem though with Chrysler and I am surprised they don't have this problem down to a science by now.
I really do like my car and hope I can keep it running for years to come. I will have the date code checked on the
valve body as you have recommended and take it from there.

Imperial...thank you for your help.

rabbar

#6 plypete

plypete
  • Inactive
  • 233 posts

Posted October 6, 2009 at 09:46 am

I had the EXACT same thing on my wife's 2002 Intrepid. It was the faulty solenoid pack as the TSB describes. I had a trans shop do it and parts plus labor was only about $300-350. http://shop.oreillya...ype=424&PTSet=A

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.