cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

multifunction switch broken?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 2003 Dodge Neon sx2.0

2003 Dodge Neon sx2.0
  • Inactive
  • 4 posts

Posted June 2, 2010 at 08:55 pm

hello there ive had this problem for a bit now never bothered me till now but what happens is that my fog lights dont trun on un less in day running mode, when head lights trun on they turn off and when the pully is pulled nothing REALLY REALLY FUSTRATING lol, and sometimes the lights will just work but when i turn off the car or the light system *BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ* untill i play a bit (usually i hit it in) and itll stop but it also does it even if my fog lights arent "magically" on,anyways i ran into a guy once that had the same issue he couldnt figure it out so he re-routed his fog lights switch to an actually switch and now his head lights the same, I dont wanna do this, thats choppy and amature like, looks is very important to an owner, so is it my multi? does it need replacement? everything else works signals, highbeams, wipers (all speeds), windsheild fluid pumps everything.
PLZ HELP

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,780 posts

Posted June 3, 2010 at 03:24 am

Probably the multifunction switch. Check the connector for any burning or melting also.

#3 2003 Dodge Neon sx2.0

2003 Dodge Neon sx2.0
  • Inactive
  • 4 posts

Posted June 7, 2010 at 01:53 pm

Probably the multifunction switch. Check the connector for any burning or melting also.

i guessing that the wires are in side the car under the steering wheel??

#4 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,780 posts

Posted June 7, 2010 at 03:52 pm

Separate the steering column shroud halves. The T-15 or T-20 torx screws are in the underside half. There is a hole to push in the release tab to pull out the ign switch key cylinder. Wires run alondside the steering post.

#5 rapidtrans

rapidtrans
  • 541 posts

Posted June 9, 2010 at 11:13 am

Separate the steering column shroud halves. The T-15 or T-20 torx screws are in the underside half. There is a hole to push in the release tab to pull out the ign switch key cylinder. Wires run alondside the steering post.

Yep, just replaced mine last month. It's a five minute project. Just remember to pull the flasher solenoid off the the old switch so you don't have to do this twice, like i did! :blink:

Thanks to this site i was made aware off the mutlifunction switch issue. My fog lights started to work intermittantly then went out altogether.

#6 higge

higge
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 at 02:08 am

Old topic but I'm having the same problem and I should replace my switch. Where did you ordered yours? I live in Finland and Rockauto seems to be the cheapest.

#7 rapidtrans

rapidtrans
  • 541 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Old topic but I'm having the same problem and I should replace my switch. Where did you ordered yours? I live in Finland and Rockauto seems to be the cheapest.

I bought from either Rockauto or usautoparts.

#8 higge

higge
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Rockauto it is. 73€ shipped and delivered. Not bad for the Finnish prices.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.