cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

mopar horsepower being left in the dust

164 replies to this topic

#161 chewie402

chewie402
  • 309 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 at 05:38 am

I just realized...this thread is closing in on 4 years old! :)

#162 roger

roger
  • 88 posts

Posted April 2, 2014 at 01:09 pm

I just realized...this thread is closing in on 4 years old! :)

4 years and not much has changed.The hellcat challenger with its supposed price tag of 75 to 80000 dollars is a waste,even if it had 800 hp.Gm is in the same boat with its 75000 dollar z28.These so called halo cars like the viper and hellcat are for pr .who can afford one/viper line shut down for lack of sales.I yearn for the days of the roadrunner,something affordable and competive with the competition ,not a overpriced halo car.

#163 md80891

md80891
  • 822 posts

Posted April 2, 2014 at 01:27 pm

4 years and not much has changed.The hellcat challenger with its supposed price tag of 75 to 80000 dollars is a waste,even if it had 800 hp.Gm is in the same boat with its 75000 dollar z28.These so called halo cars like the viper and hellcat are for pr .who can afford one/viper line shut down for lack of sales.I yearn for the days of the roadrunner,something affordable and competive with the competition ,not a overpriced halo car.

at one point it does become senseless because for regular use an engine can only take so much and the cost to go higher is exponentially greater.

#164 Christopher

Christopher

Socially Unacceptable

• 4,359 posts

Posted April 6, 2014 at 01:33 pm

4 years and you're still whining about this?  Wow...

Edited by Christopher, April 6, 2014 at 01:34 pm.

• Detonator Yellow likes this

#165 Cajun300C

Cajun300C
  • 38 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 at 01:13 pm

The 5.7L is a great engine...I have it in my 2013 300C JV Limited,  but it's a very old engine.  Chrysler needs to get up to the times and produce another engine (possibly a 425+hp 5.0L DI).  I counted 6, maybe 7 models that can/would take advantage of the new engine. The 300, Charger, Challenger, RAM, Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee would ALL greatly benefit from this.  If they come out with the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer, that's 7.  I'm pretty positive that they could cover the cost of the R/D and Engine Certification.  Hell, you could probably fit it in the Wrangler Unlimited if they really wanted to.  That would almost cover it with just the RAM, GC, and Wrangler the way they sell.  I guess a man can just dream.....

Edited by Cajun300C, April 14, 2014 at 01:16 pm.

• floridaman2013 likes this

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.