cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

'73 Charger SE / '74 Charger Rallye

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 mrhws1949

mrhws1949
  • Inactive
  • 20 posts

Posted October 6, 2010 at 02:20 pm

Well, I went ahead and bought another 2nd gen Charger. Wife doesn't understand though. In Dec I bought my '73 SE up in MI and had it shipped to FL. It was so hot this summer, I didn't get to work on it or drive it much. I did manage to swap the white bench interior with black buckets in the spring. Last friday, Oct 1, I trailered home from TN, a beautiful '74 Rallye 440 with Aztec paint and trim. 1 of 208 Rallye 440s, would love to know how many Aztec trimmed. 48,806 original miles, no rust all original panels, mint interior less the dash cracks, working a/c, am/fm, rear defogger and original spare. I also have a '08 Charger SRT8 as my grocery getter.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mrhws1949, October 6, 2010 at 02:23 pm.

#2 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,050 posts

Posted October 6, 2010 at 03:48 pm

Beautiful collection of Chargers you have there. I'm envious. But I know what you mean about your wife not understanding. My wife made a comment the other night that there are better cars than Mopars. I told her that was a quick way to become single at 50 with comments like that!!

#3 dana44

dana44
  • 16,625 posts

Posted October 6, 2010 at 09:36 pm

My wife kind of does the same thing from time to time, usually something on the line of the cars are more important than the rest of us, then she says something totally off the wall like the chrome moonies look good on the Nash :blink: :blink: :blink:

Thanks for sharing your collection with us, and I don't know the numbers, but they have to be small, as the second gen Chargers were barely double the Callenger/Barracuda numbers, which were dismal at the time.

#4 valiant67

valiant67

Rich, Corinthian Leather

• Supporters III
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 22,451 posts

Posted October 7, 2010 at 08:32 am

I really like the 74 Rallye, there could not be many made with that interior though finding the number made may be difficult.

#5 TM1963

TM1963
  • 235 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 at 08:55 pm

Very nice! Interesting - dad had both a 73SE and (still owns) a 74SE Brougham - the 73 was a daily driver - I think 240K before it died. 74 is white with blue stripes/interior - and the 73 was the same brown as yours - just opposite years. Both are 318's.

Great pix!

Posted Image

#6 mrhws1949

mrhws1949
  • Inactive
  • 20 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 at 09:47 pm

Here are a few pics from this morning on my '74 resto. Should be buffed out wednesday and in my garage friday so I can start putting it back together.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Russ90Daytona

Russ90Daytona
  • 2,808 posts

Posted June 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Very nice, and after cutting and buffing it should be really slick. Nice color for the body too. Are you going to do another vinyl top on it?

#8 mrhws1949

mrhws1949
  • Inactive
  • 20 posts

Posted July 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Very nice, and after cutting and buffing it should be really slick. Nice color for the body too. Are you going to do another vinyl top on it?

Yep. Black like from the factory. Here are a few pics just before I drove it home last week.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Stuffed back in the garage next to my '73. Waiting on front bumper brackets from powder coater. Vinyl top get installed at another shop across town and I want the front bumper on.

Posted Image

#9 geraldg

geraldg
  • 1,975 posts

Posted July 7, 2011 at 07:18 pm

:D

Beautiful collection of Chargers you have there. I'm envious. But I know what you mean about your wife not understanding. My wife made a comment the other night that there are better cars than Mopars. I told her that was a quick way to become single at 50 with comments like that!!

Depends if she was talking about the old mopars or the new imposters :D

#10 chuzz

chuzz
  • 5,050 posts

Posted July 7, 2011 at 10:24 pm

:D
Depends if she was talking about the old mopars or the new imposters :D

She was talking about the old, classic ones. I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd taught her better over the past 23 years. :P

#11 mrhws1949

mrhws1949
  • Inactive
  • 20 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 at 11:04 am

Got some stuff done this past week, even with the hot Florida temps. I needed to get the front bumper installed so I can safetly drive across town next week for vinyl top and headliner install. Still have a few pieces at the powder coaters, but installed the a/c condensor just to get a box off the floor. Putting the bumper and grill brackets together and installing the bumper by myself was a chore. Glad no one was around to take pics behind my back. Detailed the radiator support and associated panels with Eastwood's satin black before the install. Also got my door handles, locks and mirrors on and recently purchased nos wheel opening trim.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 mrhws1949

mrhws1949
  • Inactive
  • 20 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 at 10:39 am

Mostly completed, less some small pieces, additional detailing and getting the a/c charged.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.