cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

P0303 Code Came Back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miner

Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted November 3, 2010 at 06:00 pm

2002, T&C, 3.8. Changed the plugs with OEM, wires and coil.

P0303 Code came back again. Hooked up the scan tool and received the following data. I have not had much luck in figuring out what this info means. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

DTC that caused the freeze frame: P0303
Engine RPM: 960
Load Value: 5%
MAP Sensor: 33 Kpa
Coolant Temp: 73 F
Short Term Fuel Trim1: minus 4.6%
Long Term Fuel Trim1:3.9%
Short Term Fuel Trim3: minus 12.1%
Long Term Fuel Trim3: minus 70.2%
Vehicle Speed: 1mph
Fuel System 1: CLSD
Fuel System 2: N/A

#2 JusBringIt (converted)

JusBringIt (converted)
  • Guests

Posted November 3, 2010 at 06:12 pm

This means you're showing a misfire on cylinder three and your O2 sensors are telling the ECU that there is too much O2 content in the exhaust. I'm surprised you're not tripping a lean code as It would appear that you have some fuel supply issue. I'd venture to say fuel filter change if you haven't done so, possibly fuel pump. I'm inclined to believe if you drive with the light on for a while it will trip a few more codes that haven't shown themselves yet.

Any drive-ability issues? Does it hesitate at higher rpms? Is the engine stumble faintly noticeable or does it run rough? Have you recently replaced your O2 sensors?

Load value is how much % of the total engine power output is being expended.

Map sensor is at 4.9 psi which might be a bit on the low side for steady idle but isn't a number where you should be concerned about map. Idle might be slightly high. If your engine was warmed up fully when you ran the tests you might have some coolant sensor issue. When I say fully warmed up, I mean it has been running for over 5 minutes since you're only showing 73F.

Edited by JusBringIt, November 3, 2010 at 06:17 pm.

#3 Miner

Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted November 3, 2010 at 06:29 pm

2002, T&C, 3.8. Changed the plugs with OEM, wires and coil.

P0303 Code came back again. Hooked up the scan tool and received the following data. I have not had much luck in figuring out what this info means. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

DTC that caused the freeze frame: P0303
Engine RPM: 960
Load Value: 5%
MAP Sensor: 33 Kpa
Coolant Temp: 73 F
Short Term Fuel Trim1: minus 4.6%
Long Term Fuel Trim1:3.9%
Short Term Fuel Trim3: minus 12.1%
Long Term Fuel Trim3: minus 70.2%
Vehicle Speed: 1mph
Fuel System 1: CLSD
Fuel System 2: N/A

#4 Miner

Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted November 3, 2010 at 06:40 pm

Thanks for the info. It is helpful and gives me some places to look. This time the code came right as I was pulling the van out of the garage, so thus the low temp. I have not changed the fuel filter in a while, I know that the dealer changed it a while back when they had be trapped there doing warranty work, and I know the O2 sensor has not been changed. The van has about 110,000 miles. If the DTC light comes on aging I will drive it a bit and see if some other codes are tripped. As far as drivability issues, sometime it idles rough when first started for about 30 sec, but no missing or stumbling at high speeds. Thanks again.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.