cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Future of the Dodge Challenger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
374 replies to this topic

#1 MoparJoe

MoparJoe
  • 1,175 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 08:47 am

The Allpar.com page about the Challenger list not much more changes in store till the current run of 2014.
I'm hopeing for yearly upgrades thru to the end to keep the product in demand.
I love the one I have (And the 2009 I traded for it), and will probably purchase a 392 next year.
I know they (Dodge) monitors Allpar, so maybe we can help them by telling them what it will take for US, the consumer to part with
our hard earned money....
This is what I would like to see...
LED tail lights, Shaker hood, easy stuff...
My dream world...and Bob, the sky is blue in my world :D
392 Super Charged...Convertables...and more wild colours...

Don't drag the Challenger down in this topic, but rather put in insight.... :rolleyes:

#2 Seanjnl1

Seanjnl1
  • 607 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 08:55 am

The Allpar.com page about the Challenger list not much more changes in store till the current run of 2014.
I'm hopeing for yearly upgrades thru to the end to keep the product in demand.
I love the one I have (And the 2009 I traded for it), and will probably purchase a 392 next year.
I know they (Dodge) monitors Allpar, so maybe we can help them by telling them what it will take for US, the consumer to part with
our hard earned money....
This is what I would like to see...
LED tail lights, Shaker hood, easy stuff...
My dream world...and Bob, the sky is blue in my world :D
392 Super Charged...Convertables...and more wild colours...

Don't drag the Challenger down in this topic, but rather put in insight.... :rolleyes:

Convertible, T-tops, perhaps a smaller, optional V-8. A base version without so many power options.

But, mainly the convertible...

#3 Bob_Sheaves

Bob_Sheaves

What color are the clouds in your world?

• Supporters III
  • 9,719 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:05 am

Neon taillight assembly instead of LED's. The smooth, unbroken line surrounding the trim panel and licence plate instead of looking like a bad dox matrix printed light, like the Charger and every dang other car that uses LED's in primary lighting.

...and no, not the car- the gas.

(Joe-mine is green with pink and purple dots today) ;)

#4 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,635 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:07 am

I like the idea of neon if they can do it so it lights quickly...

The eight speed with the V6...

#5 chfjim

chfjim
  • 140 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:38 am

How about LED Tube Tail Lights, Looks like Neon without the cost. and Convertable or T-Tops so I can see Bobs Green and Pink with Purple Dotted Sky! :D

#6 UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL
  • 5,109 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:41 am

Neon taillight assembly instead of LED's. The smooth, unbroken line surrounding the trim panel and licence plate instead of looking like a bad dox matrix printed light, like the Charger and every dang other car that uses LED's in primary lighting.

...and no, not the car- the gas.

(Joe-mine is green with pink and purple dots today) ;)

not going to lie, when i first read "Neon" tail lights, i thought of this:

Attached File  neon challenger.JPG   44.7KB   192 downloads

Then i considered what you were actually talking about...that would be cool. Maybe Chrysler can start a new trend...

#7 abgwin

abgwin
  • 1,010 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:47 am

I like the idea of neon if they can do it so it lights quickly...

The eight speed with the V6...

Didn't the Lincoln Mark VIII have 'neon' lighting in rear? I seem recall them touting it for lighter faster than incandescents.

#8 Danno

Danno
  • 976 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 09:59 am

Ill throw my .02 in here too.

Make more colors available each year. I really feel that they are limiting sales by only allowing the SRT's certain colors. What if I wanted a PCP SRT, but couldnt afford to make one happen in the 4 months that they were available? Id love a PCP 392 car... or even a FF one.

6 speed with the V6. Cant tell you how many times Ive heard this.

MAKE THE REAR WHEELS AND TIRES 1" WIDER ON THE SRT!!! The car lacks the "look" from the rear IMO, and this simple trick would fix it.

MOAR POWER. Why? Just cuz :)

I havent driven an '11 6 speed, so I dont know if the new rear end setup has fixed it or not, but FIX THE dang WHEEL CHATTER on the 6 speed cars. Thats so dang annoying and gross. I cant believe that they didnt catch that on testing and engineer it out.

Danno

Edited by Danno, May 20, 2011 at 10:01 am.

#9 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10
  • 555 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:30 am

Again 6 speed manual mated to the pentastar
SUBLIME GREEN!!!!!!!!!
limited run cars such as T/A all in the same color
Ramp up the power of the pentastar with things already in the works, di, tc etc
more wheels options
As in the past offer some heavy duty options, such as extra cooling, suspension, rear axle, engine etc. Many people will order this gladly and are willing to pay.
Work with an aftermarket company such as Arrington or Petty to offer special performance edition

#10 Seagondollar

Seagondollar
  • 686 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:35 am

Just to make sure it's not missed here. The V6 with a manual (or DSG) tranny.

And loose 3 or 4 hundred pounds. I find it hard to believe that Dodge can't compete with the Mustang or that ugly Camaro.

#11 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,680 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:36 am

This thread is creating a mighty big pie in the green with pink and purple dotted sky.

Mike

#12 Jeepnut

Jeepnut
  • Supporters III
  • 2,752 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:41 am

Just to make sure it's not missed here. The V6 with a manual (or DSG) tranny.

And loose 3 or 4 hundred pounds. I find it hard to believe that Dodge can't compete with the Mustang or that ugly Camaro.

Yes the Mustang is alot lighter but remember the Challenger is only like 100lbs heavier than the Crapmaro

#13 brycmtthw

brycmtthw
  • 1,739 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:41 am

not going to lie, when i first read "Neon" tail lights, i thought of this:

Attached File  neon challenger.JPG   44.7KB   192 downloads

Then i considered what you were actually talking about...that would be cool. Maybe Chrysler can start a new trend...

Don't worry, me too! ..except I think it looks cool with 'Neon' tails. (ducks and covers!)

#14 patfromigh

patfromigh
  • 1,564 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:45 am

Sooner or later they are going to share Challenger engineering with some Italian cars. That will open the door for a manual transmission behind a six cylinder. Alfa has a stillborn RWD project from about 8 years ago. Just speculating... :whistle:

#15 CJDsalespro

CJDsalespro
  • 1,947 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 10:55 am

base 3.6 V6 Challangers with black (non painted ) SRT styled rear spoiler , with fog lamps and and some type of strip pkg. priced at $$25,999 (it can be done)

#16 Bob_Sheaves

Bob_Sheaves

What color are the clouds in your world?

• Supporters III
  • 9,719 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 11:03 am

This thread is creating a mighty big pie in the green with pink and purple dotted sky.

Mike

....hehehe....

Ain't that the truth....

#17 dakrt99

dakrt99
  • 1,681 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 11:11 am

Mike

It may be, but it is fun to fantasize about this sort of thing. I have wild day dreams about what the Challenger ought to be and you then realize that there are obvious limits.

My dreams:

426 Hemi - SRT
392 Hemi - R/T
345 Hemi - T/A
Pentastar V8 - SXT
3.6 V6 - SE
3.0 V6 - MPG King (shoot for 35 HWY)

8 Speeds across the board

Solid Rear Axle for a super drag pack edition (stripped of interior options)

ACR Extreme Track Edition (offer hardcore package - rear seat delete, radio delete, power options delete etc.)

Offer all the cool high impact colors every year!

A true SUBLIME (my favorite color of all time)

Offer stripe and appearance packages, different for each year, maybe offer 2 styles each year

Offer different style hoods

TR6060 with the V6s

More gear options - 4.10s and 4.56s

ARB Air Locker

Diff Cooler and HD trans cooler etc., HD cooling options

Gauge Packages

Chassis upgrades/ptions - front - rear strut tower braces and subframe connectors etc. as options

Offer tuning options from the factory

Offer Mopar Performance parts from the factory - CAI, Cat-Back etc.

I'll think of more later. B)

#18 IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER
  • 896 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 11:13 am

Didn't the Lincoln Mark VIII have 'neon' lighting in rear? I seem recall them touting it for lighter faster than incandescents.

Correct. Sylvania supplied the technology I think it was called Luminon?

#19 MoparJoe

MoparJoe
  • 1,175 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 11:14 am

If I keep my car long term , I will change the 3:06 gears to 3:73's http://chucker54.sto...asutrpadi1.html

Also change the torque converter http://chucker54.sto...otocubutoc.html

And change the hood http://www.cervinis....x?car=1&id=1225

People who have changed the gears & torque converter had picked up of 1 full second. Only lost 3 mpg highway. The gear swap alone
make this car a funner ride to play with...

The problem is, I should have been given the oppertunity to check boxes off at the dealer and get the gear/hood swap, roll it into the
car loan for $20-30 bucks a month , instead of having to pay $4-5,000.00 out of my pocket up front....

#20 IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER
  • 896 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 at 11:15 am

How about LED Tube Tail Lights, Looks like Neon without the cost. and Convertable or T-Tops so I can see Bobs Green and Pink with Purple Dotted Sky! :D

I believe they are called LED light guides as seen on BMW tail lights. They shine an LED through a tube and it lights up the entire tube.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.