cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Bill Hirsch Auto?

3 replies to this topic

Poll: POR-15, Bill Hirsch, or Eastwood? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Which rust prevention/encapsulation product is best?

1. POR-15 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Eastwood (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Bill Hirsch (1 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Scatch

Scatch

One Bourbon, One Scatch...

• 1,067 posts

Posted June 8, 2011 at 01:56 pm

Has anyone used any of the products from Bill Hirsch http://www.hirschauto.com/ , POR-15 http://www.por15.com/ , or Eastwood's rust products http://www.eastwood....-solutions.html ? From what I read in a topic below, there are some mixed reviews on the Eastwood products, but that could be down to prep, which could also be said for any of the products I'm looking at here. Does anyone have opinions or (preferably) comparisons of any of this stuff? Are there better products? Do you have any advice, other than to follow the directions? hehe

Thanks!

#2 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,646 posts

Posted June 9, 2011 at 06:11 pm

Some swear by POR15. I think you need to do more prep than indicated on the bottle.

#3 Scatch

Scatch

One Bourbon, One Scatch...

• 1,067 posts

Posted June 9, 2011 at 06:43 pm

Some swear by POR15. I think you need to do more prep than indicated on the bottle.

I've noticed that POR-15 is the most well-known, but I've been reading mixed reviews about their product. Mainly the negatives revolve around the paint not sticking to smooth surfaces (which would be an issue with my floor pan that is only partly rusty) and thin/runny (not an issue with a floor pan). I have a POR-15 starter kit that I never opened, but it hardened in the jar. Whoops. At least the rust converter stuff still seems viable...

Thanks!

#4 dodgeman87

dodgeman87
  • 12 posts

Posted December 6, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I've used miracle paint (color black) from Bill Hirsch and it has worked great for me. I bought a cheap spray gun from harbor freight and put it on the entire bottom of my '89 Lebaron.<br />I've even used the color silver also on my metal fence amd it worked great, but there because of UV rays you have to finish with spray paint.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.