cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Caravan Check Engine Light is On

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jack12

Jack12
  • Inactive
  • 6 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 at 07:17 pm

I bought a 2010 Caravan about Nov of last year, and the check engine light is on. A few weeks ago the outside temperature gauge was off, it was displaying -35 in Alabama in the summer. I am going to take it in under warranty, but has anyone experienced this, temp not working properly, then the check engine light comes on? I guess the question is could these 2 things be related and could this be a bigger problem? The van has 8K on it and it has the 3.8. Thanks Jack

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,759 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 at 05:01 am

There is a Chrysler TSB #08-011-10 (Google it) to address inaccurate or slow updates of the EVIC outside temp display. It involves a software flash of the CCN (instrument cluster) module.
The 'ck eng' light may not be related to this unless there is a bus communication, etc. issue. We would need a stored 'P' code to tell us where the problem is for further diagnosis.
This fault code would be stored in the PCM (powertrain control module) and should be able to be read with any OBD II code reader. Don't erase the code as the dealer will need it to be present for the service.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.