cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Radio And Odometer Lights Flash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 gkjeep

gkjeep
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted September 8, 2011 at 09:34 am

When I have the headlights on and then use the turn signals the Radio and Odometer lights flash intermitently. I does not matter if the Radio is on or not. Anyone have an idea what is causing this and how to fix?

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,781 posts

Posted September 8, 2011 at 04:24 pm

What year?
It sounds like it might be a likely poor instrument cluster/dash ground or a tilt steering column wiring rub-through. Does moving the tilt column or slightly moving the ign key in the switch change the behavior at all? Does the vehicle have to have the ign key in the 'run' position for this to happen?

#3 Doug in Florida

Doug in Florida
  • Supporters (L2)
  • 2,317 posts

Posted September 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm

It could be the headlight stalk. My 04 PT does this if I have the interior lights adjustment knob all the way full. If I back it down one click so the lights dim when I turn the headlights on, they don't flash. One of these days I may replace that.

#4 gkjeep

gkjeep
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted September 9, 2011 at 08:49 am

What year?
It sounds like it might be a likely poor instrument cluster/dash ground or a tilt steering column wiring rub-through. Does moving the tilt column or slightly moving the ign key in the switch change the behavior at all? Does the vehicle have to have the ign key in the 'run' position for this to happen?

My PT is a 2005

My PT is a 2005

this usually happens when I am stopped at a light waiting to make a turn. Only at night when the headlights are on. Does not make a difference if the radio is on or not. I thought about the tilt steering column and have moved this up and down but it does not seem to make a difference. I have looked at it during the day but it does not happen. I also thought it might me the turn signal swithch unit but moving that does not make any difference either

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.