allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Do you have a show car? If yes, please post who you are?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

Poll: How many Allpar members 'show cars'? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have a car that you display at car shows?

1. Voted Yes (58 votes [87.88%])

Percentage of vote: 87.88%

2. Voted No (8 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

If you show your car do you have your car 'judged'?

1. Yes, when it's a judged show (33 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Voted No, not always even if it's a judged show (21 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. Voted No, never (12 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

If you show your car or attend car shows and live in the USA, what region do you live in?

1. North East (19 votes [28.79%])

Percentage of vote: 28.79%

2. Mid Atlantic (11 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Voted South East (13 votes [19.70%])

Percentage of vote: 19.70%

4. Voted Nothern Midwest (18 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. Southern Midwest (1 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

6. Nothwest (3 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

7. Southwest (1 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill

325,000+ miles and counting...

• Supermen
  • Others:Forum Leader, Superfriend
  • 29,393 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 at 08:30 am

This poll is to help discover how many all members show cars.

If you do have a show car please post your name and what car it is as well what part of the world you live in.

#2 tazdevil

tazdevil
  • 513 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 at 09:28 am

It would be a popular feature to have a show car title site on allpar, with easily posted photos.

#3 Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill

• Supermen
  • 29,393 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 at 09:30 am

My thoughts exactly. Let's encourage everyone who has cars they show to participate in this poll and to join Allpar. This way we can have Allpar as Show Car central for the nation. I've been wanting to do this for a good while but it's an uphill battle to get members to help out.

#4 tazdevil

tazdevil
  • 513 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 at 10:14 am

Bob, as president of Mopars Unlimited of Idaho, I can attest to the frustrations of getting people to get involved. You know the rule: 10 percent of the members do 90 percent of the work. It may take time to get populated, but I think a special show car section would attract some nice viewing and attract more entries. If you have it, flaunt it!

#5 Marty Gallagher

Marty Gallagher
  • 28 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 at 06:27 pm

Hi folks; While my '85 T&C vert is a daily driver, I do clean it up occasionally and show it. Of course, I let everyone know that it's a daily driver. But the K-car is a good reliable mule for me, and the woody looks cool. Nice to spread the joy around.

#6 msmart86_2000

msmart86_2000
  • 448 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 at 07:12 pm

I use my 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z daily. Gets me to work and home reliably. I also clean it up and take to shows on an odd weekend. Except for the white stripe down it, I think it looks good. :) Baltimore, OH 43105

#7 OJ's Dakota

OJ's Dakota
  • 190 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 at 02:41 pm

I take my 2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger R/T to shows whenever I get the chance. I stay local for the most part but have made the trip to Carlisle the past 2 years. I live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV near Martinsburg.

#8 mopark

mopark
  • 446 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 at 08:43 pm

I take my 1988 Dodge aries 1986 Plymouth Reliant and 1981 Plymouth Reliant to shows on the weekend's weather permitting.. (I make it clear that they are not daily drivers)

#9 TurboPacifica

TurboPacifica

King

• Supporters
  • 3,417 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 at 10:58 am

my last Daytona was show worthly but
my latest Daytona isnt yet...

#10 Cudapete

Cudapete
  • 3,966 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 at 02:39 pm

It will be :working:

#11 Shanes67

Shanes67
  • Inactive
  • 8 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 at 03:10 pm

When I can I go to shows here in the Gulf Coast area... This years Crusin' the Coast was a blast!

#12 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 26,354 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm

So far, only folks who show their "cars" have voted...23...and at least two of them aren't "cars". ;)

#13 Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill

• Supermen
  • 29,393 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 at 06:53 am

Your point? Have you seen what shows up at some of these local 'car shows'? :)

#14 moparknighthawk

moparknighthawk
  • 596 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 at 07:47 am

I show my 2006 GoMango Daytona throughout the year at mostly local shows and cruise-ins. She is also a part time daily driver in good weather. I always show at Carlisle each year too.

Edited by moparknighthawk, November 27, 2011 at 07:47 am.

#15 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 26,354 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 at 08:39 am

Your point? Have you seen what shows up at some of these local 'car shows'? :)

My point?
I was wondering the purpose of the poll?
Are we to gather that only 23 out of 12,000 show their vehicles, or is the Polls purpose to ID where and how the folks who show their vehicles are located and how often do they display, attend, or meet at car shows?
I'm truly curious how to quantify the questions... ;)

Note: I am the lone "Southwest" respondent.

Edited by MoparNorm, November 27, 2011 at 08:41 am.

#16 Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill

• Supermen
  • 29,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 at 10:03 am

The point of this poll is/was to identify how many members show their cars and to find out where they are located. That's why I put those questions up. I was hoping to get more than 23 and go have them identify themselves. But like many things on forums it's totally volunteer. You volunteer to help and you volunteer information. If folks choose not to provide the information then those who try to get something going have a very hard time of it.

This is just yet another of my attempts to get something going. If I find that it yet again doesn't go anywhere then I'll chauk it up to another 'attempt' and then try something different.

My overall goal is to try and help Allpar.com start a 'show car central' type of portal. This of course would be nation wide. I haven't yet found a 'portal' where all things Car Show can be found. I have found several regional portals but nothing central. If there are enough members who 'fess up' to the idea that they do show their car and that they attend regional (perhaps national) events, then perhaps, just maybe, I can get them to help with this project. I've only been working on it off and on for a long time and still there has only been a small movement toward my ultimate goal. It may be me and if so then I'll either keep trying or simply give up. In any case, this poll and forum is an attempt to try and get that portal idea started again.

It is a win-win situation for both members here and the regional events. I mean we have members here who may not show but who may want to attend. But those members may not know where the events are. By having a portal and by making announcments (either Allpar folks or those who are involved in the event) we can make this project bigger. For now though, I keep 'volunteering' and trying.

#17 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 26,354 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 at 04:05 am

Got it, thanks for answering and thanks for trying!
Seems odd that there isn't a clearing house type of location already in existence for that purpose?
It would be nice to have a calendar of events and I imagine that on any given weekend there are dozens of shows across the country and in some locations, such as SoCal shows are a year round event.
It seems like a daunting task!

#18 Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill

• Supermen
  • 29,393 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 at 07:04 pm

It's an uphill battle but someone has to try. :)

#19 tazdevil

tazdevil
  • 513 posts

Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:02 am

There does exsist an entity that lists local car shows. They are a very influential organization, active in preventing laws that would essentially take our older cars off the street.
That entity is United Street Rods (Of your state).
Check them out.

#20 Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln

"CHECK FAULT CODES"

• Supporters (L2)
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 25,783 posts

Posted December 2, 2011 at 11:15 am

As some of you know, I bring my 1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z to local shows and to Carlisle. In a pinch, such as when it broke down this year on the way to Carlisle, I brought my daily driver, a 1993 Daytona base model. Also brought my 92 Dakota one year. The Turbo Z has yet to be restored (mostly paint), but I hope to do that in a few years, and I show the car anyway. Getting a lap/shoulder belt in the rear seats for my daughter is a higher priority, as is building a garage. Going for a car cover this year.

It's probably the only survivor of its year and type in New England, and at that it was imported from another region.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.