cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

2004 Pacifica Headlight Adjustment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 afollower

afollower
  • 74 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 at 09:22 pm

Hi Guys!

Bought an 04 Pacifica and have noticed that the low beam on the headlights seem to be pointed down onto the road more than normal. More than any vehicle I have ever had. I have looked for an adjustment but cannot find anything. The high beams work great! But the low beams just seem to cut off too much of the highway and it is hard to see.

I have checked the lenses (good) and actually replaced bulbs but it is the same. Any input about this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Joel

PS I was not familiar with Pacifica before purchasing this one. So far we like it very much. I also cannot find a repair book (Haynes) for this vehicle and if anyone knows where I could find a book please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,781 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 at 06:52 am

There should be a vertical adjustment screw accessed at the top of the headlamp. There is no horizontal adjustment. You want to shine them on a wall with the car level to get them even. Is there a plastic panel over the headlamps that has to come off first?

#3 afollower

afollower
  • 74 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 at 08:41 pm

There should be a vertical adjustment screw accessed at the top of the headlamp. There is no horizontal adjustment. You want to shine them on a wall with the car level to get them even. Is there a plastic panel over the headlamps that has to come off first?

Thanks for the help. The headlamps are one complete encased assembly (low and high beam). I cannot see an adjustment screw anywhere. I will look again in the daylight... maybe I am just not seeing it... :mellow:

#4 afollower

afollower
  • 74 posts

Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Thanks for the help. The headlamps are one complete encased assembly (low and high beam). I cannot see an adjustment screw anywhere. I will look again in the daylight... maybe I am just not seeing it... :mellow:

I can't find an adjustment for this anywhere. :runaway: Anyone have any input?

#5 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,781 posts

Posted December 1, 2011 at 05:45 pm

Are these the HID headlamps? They may be OK. It may be part design, part perception.

Owner Complains Of Headlamp Pattern.;All 2004MY Pacificas with HID headlamp option.

Alignment / Poor Pattern / Gap / Fit Issues;Customer Concern (No DTCs);High Beam / Flash to Pass,Low Beam.

The beam pattern of HID headlamps is different from anything most U.S. drivers are accustomed to. It is a common beam pattern for European drivers. HID headlamps define the top of their beams with a sharp horizontal line compared with most halogen headlamps' gradual fade to darkness. This light to dark boundary forms a "hockey stick" pattern on a wall. Customers are drawn to the pattern bouncing on the road and tend to believe that their headlamps are aimed too low. Do not adjust the headlamps. The pattern is required to prevent light glare to oncoming drivers. The beam pattern was developed according to legal requirements and is a normal condition with HID headlamps.

#6 afollower

afollower
  • 74 posts

Posted December 2, 2011 at 04:11 pm

Are these the HID headlamps? They may be OK. It may be part design, part perception.

Owner Complains Of Headlamp Pattern.;All 2004MY Pacificas with HID headlamp option.

Alignment / Poor Pattern / Gap / Fit Issues;Customer Concern (No DTCs);High Beam / Flash to Pass,Low Beam.

The beam pattern of HID headlamps is different from anything most U.S. drivers are accustomed to. It is a common beam pattern for European drivers. HID headlamps define the top of their beams with a sharp horizontal line compared with most halogen headlamps' gradual fade to darkness. This light to dark boundary forms a "hockey stick" pattern on a wall. Customers are drawn to the pattern bouncing on the road and tend to believe that their headlamps are aimed too low. Do not adjust the headlamps. The pattern is required to prevent light glare to oncoming drivers. The beam pattern was developed according to legal requirements and is a normal condition with HID headlamps.

Wow, really? Maybe it is perception? Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

#7 NYBo

NYBo

Semper Paratus

• Supporters III
  • 3,859 posts

Posted December 2, 2011 at 04:22 pm

There will be a hole in the plastic panel over the back of the headlight assembly, through which the adjustment screw is accessed.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.