cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

G Force Performance Chip

G Force Perf. Chip. - JUNK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 trublu69

trublu69
  • Inactive
  • 37 posts

Posted January 5, 2012 at 02:35 pm

WARNING - WARNING --- Anyone interested in the G Force Chip Kit to improve fuel mileage and increase Hp - STAY AWAY - was interested in the product and stupidly fell for the customer endorcements.

Well the first indication should have been the lack of customer service from the start, The product took almost 3 weeks longer to get than stated, and once it was installed it didn't work correctly ( no problem ) email tech support, they started out to be responsive, they decided it would be a good idea to send the product back ( at my expense ), so they could check it ???.

NOW the fun begins, after removing it from my '10 Jeep, the Jeep won't run, the throttle won't respond, all of the idiot lights are on, and sometimes it just shuts down. After informing them of this fact, they wanted me to check the fuses ( all okay), after informing them of this, I've not heard one word from them in over a week, calling gets no response, the person on the other end passes the buck (not my department or problem), well Thanks for all your HELP.

SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT.

I'll let you know what the dealer has to say about it.

#2 dana44

dana44
  • 16,625 posts

Posted January 5, 2012 at 03:20 pm

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to allow the computer to reset itself as far as your problems go. The chip itself should not have reprogrammed the computer itself, that would probably be an infringement of some sort and not be legal. Thanks for the update on the chip problem, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

#3 trublu69

trublu69
  • Inactive
  • 37 posts

Posted January 5, 2012 at 03:59 pm

Thanks Dana44, I've been doing that just to get it moved around. It seems to work okay for a few miles after that, but then back to it.

My concern is that I was sent the wrong chip unit altogether and somehow that has corrupted the onboard ECU. To be honest I'm hoping the dealer finds something unrelated to explain it, but I'm not usually that lucky.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.