cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Chrysler of Culpeper in Virginia

3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael_Valentine

Michael_Valentine
  • Others:Members - Under 2 Posts
  • 2,545 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 at 07:01 pm

I recently purchased a Certified Pre-owned 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 with less than 25000 miles on it from Farrish of Fairfax and what a bad experience that was. Four days after purchasing this Vehicle the drivers seat literally started peeling apart from a repair that was performed on the seat. Naturally I was very upset about this and I contacted Chrysler right away and was advised to take the vehicle back to Farrish. This is where everything went downhill in a hurry, first they made it appear as if I had done the damage somehow getting in and out of the vehicle, mind you I had the vehicle for 4 days and had not driven it 200 miles of which 90 where from and to the dealership. Than after much back and forth I was promptly told they would not cover the replacement of the seat under any circumstances and that I would have to foot the bill for the repair. I was very upset and contacted Chrysler again and told them about my treatment at the dealership and asked that I could take the car to another dealership for evaluation. They agreed and let me take my car to Chrysler of Culpeper which is owned by Wade Schick who is also on the board of the Rappahannock Region Mopar Club. Needless to say Chrysler of Culpeper came through for me in a big way and somehow convinced Chrysler to cover the repair under the vehicles original 3/36 warranty that had just expired a month earlier even after initially refusing the replacement due to a prior repair being performed on the seat. All of this was done without me even purchasing the vehicle from Chrysler of Culpeper. I guess I could have saved myself lots headaches going straight to Chrysler of Culpeper but Caliber SRT-4's are not easy to find. Anyhow if your in the VA, MD or DC area and in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle and like to be treated right, see Wade Schick at Chrysler of Culpeper and be prepared to be treated like a customer should be treated.

#2 Sir Moses Wellington

Sir Moses Wellington
  • 1,560 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 13, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Good to see there's a dealership that can do some good. The dealership near where I live is horrid. They treat you like your just some money...which is most of the people in the area, just money. But its pretty bad when you keep giving them chances and they let you down every time. All I know is that I'd much rather drive 30 mins-45 mins to go to another dealership (thats technically only a Dodge/Jeep dealer) and have them work on it...and thats with gas close to $4 a gallon. They actually treat you like a person, and aren't just hounding you for money...maybe cause there aren't too many dealers close to them since there fairly isolated...and in the mountains, but still.

#3 Michael_Valentine

Michael_Valentine
  • Others:Members - Under 2 Posts
  • 2,545 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 at 06:05 am

It's a bit out of my way, but so was Farrish. The difference I think is spot on, Farrish is located in a wealthy area of Virginia (Fairfax) while Culpeper is still fairly rural and people seem to treat each other more respectful. It still should not happen, making one customer unhappy hurts Chrysler as a whole.

#4 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,636 posts

Posted December 4, 2012 at 02:15 pm

I have long driven past two dealerships to get to the one that works on my cars.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.