cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

1963 Valiant 4dr

4 replies to this topic

#1 REnier DurAn

REnier DurAn
  • 8 posts

Posted May 7, 2012 at 01:43 pm

just purchased the Valiant, i am looking for repair manuals, good sources for parts and any advice on the car i can get
thanks in advance

#2 TWX

TWX

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 8,871 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted May 7, 2012 at 03:19 pm

Last time I checked, Mopar Manuals on CD sells electronic versions of the original factory books. They're not cheap, but they're worth it.

There's a lot of info on Valiants.org, owned by the same guy who owns Allpar, as he has a Valiant too.

I assume the car has a slant-six engine (an inline six cylinder that's leaned over), and if so, you might want to find a book specific to that engine, as there are things that can be done to it, depending on your goals, to improve it.

#3 REnier DurAn

REnier DurAn
  • 8 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 at 07:43 pm

thanks twx
i found this place that advertises a valiant factory repair manual for all editions
http://www.1aauto.co...n=DealsonWheels
would you recommend this?

#4 abgwin

abgwin
  • 1,012 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 at 07:55 pm

You have probably already paid for a service manual, but I was given a link to download them for free: http://www.mymopar.c...ndex.php?pid=31

#5 Jaime

Jaime
  • 1,289 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Good source for parts is eBay, I have found lots of odd and ends, need to check every other week or so.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.