cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

dodge neon srt won't start

1 reply to this topic

#1 buddmyster

buddmyster
  • Members - Under 2 Posts
  • 1 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 at 08:35 pm

tried to start the car with no luck! engine light is on and a little red light comes on above the engine light as well. tried to jump the car with another car with no luck, no crank at all. so i checked all the fuses and relay fuses and they all look ok. so i ran a jumper wire to the battery postive and to the solnoid and the car will try to start but no go! but when i try start from the ignition switch i hear the fuel pump kickin in but the starter won't work. so i took the starter off and tried to test it and it's like there is hardly any power going through it to turn it over. could this be my problem?

it is a 2005 dodge neon srt

Edited by buddmyster, August 20, 2012 at 08:34 pm.

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,755 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 21, 2012 at 03:12 am

Welcome to Allpar. If the 'ck eng' light is on, a fault code is stored. The red dot light above it means that there may be a SKIM key recognition problem. Without the proper code from the SKIM module, the PCM will not allow the car to start. Are you using a key with a gray, plastic grip?
The 'ck eng' light may be indicating your SKIM fault code. You won't be able to bypass the anti-theft system, if this is what is happening. Try the 'key dance' to get the codes. http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.