Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Dodge Stealth Questions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Detonator Yellow

Detonator Yellow
  • 197 posts

Posted September 2, 2012 at 01:54 pm

I'm looking to get a Stealth within the next few months. it's goingto be the car that I play in (y'know, fixer-upper, super-crazy-mad drivetrain swaps, "stunt driving", or anything simular). Any suggestions on year? What should I look for? Anything that I shouldn't do to/with this car?

#2 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Vaguely badass...

• Supermen
  • Others:Supporters
  • 20,275 posts

Posted September 2, 2012 at 02:38 pm

Bank lots of money. Parts are becoming harder and harder to obtain, and when you can get them they are very expensive. Co-worker owns a Mitsu 3000GT - sister to the Stealth - and knows this pain personally.

#3 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 12,244 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 16, 2012 at 04:10 am

It was the poor man's Viper. I liked these cars much better than the turbo Conquest it replaced. Look for stick-shift if you like driving them. http://en.wikipedia..../Mitsubishi_GTO
The later, the better in terms of refinement. 1993-1996 had better EFI and all the suspension/elecrical/drivetrain TSB's and updates had all been applied to production.
Do the timing belt/water pump if there is no record of being done as I believe that the DOHC is an interference engine.

Edited by ImperialCrown, September 16, 2012 at 04:15 am.

#4 Materialman

Materialman
  • 11 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 at 03:45 pm

You sure don't see Stealth's anymore so I'm glad to see someone like you wanting to get one and fix it up! I wish you good luck on your quest.

#5 Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge
  • 39 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 at 12:33 am

I suppose this had taken over for the Chrysler Conquest when originally introduced in 1990.

~Ben

#6 Materialman

Materialman
  • 11 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 at 11:01 am

How did you come out on your Steath project?

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.