cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Dart Spotters?

54 replies to this topic

#1 Voyager_Expresso

Voyager_Expresso

Unusually Geeky

• 890 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 02:35 pm

I pay pretty close attention to vehicles going down the road but I've yet to see a Dart! Actually, I take that back; I did see one on a car carrier, scrunched between a couple of minivans. But I ain't seen one motoring along under its own power... :(

#2 JoshMHam

JoshMHam
  • 264 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 03:31 pm

Where do you live? Here in SE Michigan, they are getting easier to find every day.

#3 Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln

"CHECK FAULT CODES"

• Supporters (L2)
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 25,321 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 03:33 pm

Haven't seen a single one in MA, off the dealer lots.

#4 Voyager_Expresso

Voyager_Expresso

Unusually Geeky

• 890 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 03:51 pm

South central WI. Seriously, it's weird. Of course, every other car around here is a Honda Accord.

#5 Doug D

Doug D

Virginia Gentleman

• 9,055 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 04:10 pm

Finally spotted a red one in our county yesterday. Other than that the only ones I've seen are on the dealer lots.

#6 JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo
  • Supporters
  • 1,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I see a red one fairly often in town. Judging from the sound of it, they already added an aftermarket exhaust system to it.

South central WI. Seriously, it's weird. Of course, every other car around here is a Honda Accord.

That sounds like here. But then again, they are made down the road in Marysville.

#7 Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Radioactive

• Forum Leader
  • Others:Active Member
  • 5,336 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I have seen a few here in Winnipeg.

#8 brycmtthw

brycmtthw
  • 1,742 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 at 12:06 am

Saw a Red Rallye and a Tungstin SXT within the last month both with "vanity" plates, so they are private cars. Heck my mom had to fight to get the car titled and played! Bmv questioned if it was a Dodge Dart, and kept telling her there was no way it was a 2013... Yeah.

#9 plymouth1

plymouth1
  • 554 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 at 06:17 am

Dead Central Wisconsin here, haven't seen one on the road, only at the dealerships.

#10 patricklynch

patricklynch

Happy R body St. Regis driver, blissed out Plymouth VIP driver

• 4,141 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

I've seen three or four in the Lexington, Kentucky area. Mostly at the gas station near the interstate. Really nice cars, they're too small for me but my parents would happily ditch a tired Neon and an even more tired Acclaim for a pair of Darts if they had the money.

#11 Mick M

Mick M
  • 1,656 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 23, 2012 at 05:38 pm

I have seen a couple around the Ft Hood area.
There was one try to race my Avenger on holloween night.
Mick

Edited by Mick M, November 23, 2012 at 05:42 pm.

#12 peterjon1

peterjon1
  • 803 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 at 05:52 pm

One yesterday at a rest stop on the NY Thruway, one on 390 Wednesday, and 3 others since the release.

#13 rdjlachance

rdjlachance
  • 19 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:16 am

In Saskatoon, SK, One dealer has 14 Darts. The other has 4 Darts. There is a red one in my town driving around. I just ordered a black on black Rallye with black rims and race track tail lights.

#14 suzq044

suzq044

Resident Photoshop Nerd

• Supporters III
  • 4,331 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 7, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Not seen a single one yet here in Phoenix, but in Carlsbad/Encinitas/Leucadia I'd seen the same 2 on a regular basis.

Edited by suzq044, December 7, 2012 at 11:17 pm.

#15 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Vaguely badass...

• Supermen
  • Others:Supporters
  • 19,645 posts

Posted December 8, 2012 at 09:14 am

Stopped at the bank yesterday; saw one in the employee parking area. Base "SE" model.

#16 FNAKC

FNAKC
  • 68 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 at 06:43 pm

In in Oshkosh, WI (North East WI) I've seen a couple, A white and two red ones. Possibly a silver one, but it was a quick glance and could have been the same white one and just looked silver at the time. It probably helped that the Chrysler Dealership on radio ads claimed to have the most Darts in the state. 

#17 MinnesotaKid

MinnesotaKid
  • 56 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 at 01:27 am

Here in the Twin Cities I've seen about 1/2 dozen of them, 3 of them on regular basis. (2 Ralley's and a SXT) On my trip to CO over Thanksgiving I saw 2, and one of those were parked at the top of Pike's Peak! (SXT) I haven't seen another Limited on the road yet.

#18 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,639 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 at 09:15 am

Still waiting. Six in the dealer's back lot.

#19 suzq044

suzq044

Resident Photoshop Nerd

• Supporters III
  • 4,331 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 23, 2012 at 05:01 pm

finally saw one a week or so ago. lol -- Redline Rallye down on Southern and 27th (i think it was) here in phoenix. 

Edited by suzq044, December 23, 2012 at 05:01 pm.

#20 Doug D

Doug D

Virginia Gentleman

• 9,055 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 at 08:46 pm

Spotted a grey SXT Dart as we left the mall parking lot yesterday.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.