cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Now on my 5th O2 sensor

21 replies to this topic

#21 mr2tim

mr2tim
  • 82 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted April 17, 2014 at 02:22 pm

Hi guys,

As an update I've been using the 01 PT as a backup to the "new" 05PT I inherited last year.

The last O2 sensor (my 5th) may have been a good one since I've not had any recent codes on the few weeks and months it's been called back to use. (knock on wood here!)

I'm doing a WAG here and now blaming a small exhaust manifold to downpipe leak as a possible trigger for the codes on my "up stream"  O2 sensor failures. Not knowing of the physics behind this, but after several months of inactivity it's the only shot I have.

-------------------------------

Grounding note- grounds are extremely important on my 2 Toyota sport cars. I have added additional grounding wires directly from the negative battery terminal to the tranny, chassis and transmission and have greatly reduced my electrical problems as a result.

#22 Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln

"CHECK FAULT CODES"

• Supporters (L2)
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 25,354 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 at 02:30 pm

That small leak could certainly account for the code.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.