cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

AN: Sneak peak: 2015 Chrysler 200

64 replies to this topic

#1 News Feed

News Feed
  • Newsfeed
  • 4,575 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 02:45 pm

The existing Chrysler 200 is reportedly to be tweaked for model-year 2014, with changes likely to include a revised four-cylinder engine taking advantage of MultiAir II. The big changes, though, are either coming in model-year 2015 -- or to a newly renamed car. Posted Image
The “true” next generation 200, code-named UF and to be built in early 2014, is likely to be sold as the Lancia Flavia in Europe. We expect the 2015 Chrysler 200 to have an increased-power Tiger Shark Chrysler 2.4 (200 hp) and the 3.2 liter V6, coupled to a nine-speed ZF automatic made by Chrysler. It is reportedly going to max out at 38 mpg (highway), possibly in a special “HFE” model. The illustration above, courtesy of JackRatchett, is based on what we’ve been told of its looks.

View the original, full post

#2 Sean

Sean
  • 43 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 03:04 pm

Nothing realy new here other than the current car getting the multiair Tigershark engine.

Where's the spy pics for the new 2015 car?

#3 drew54

drew54
  • 2,557 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 03:12 pm

Will the 2013 200 be using the Powertech 6F24 six-speed automatic as well?

Edited by drew54, December 11, 2012 at 03:13 pm.

#4 Sellers

Sellers
  • 72 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 04:30 pm

I like your choice of color.  Really wish people liked colors other than blue, black, red, grey, gray, silver, beige, white. 

Colors like a light and dark purple, orange, yellows, light green, etc.   Why are american's so conditioned to pick such drab colors.   I've seen them try purples and oranges, and no one bites.   sad - but I digress. 

• Jackratchett and Gunzo like this

#5 e1999eternal

e1999eternal
  • 35 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 04:36 pm

I like your choice of color.  Really wish people liked colors other than blue, black, red, grey, gray, silver, beige, white. 

Colors like a light and dark purple, orange, yellows, light green, etc.   Why are american's so conditioned to pick such drab colors.   I've seen them try purples and oranges, and no one bites.   sad - but I digress. 

I typically associate those colors with supercars.  A light green Lambo? Yes.  A light green Chevy Cruze?  An eyesore.  Just my opinion.  

I think most Americans want the color of the car to match the personality of the car.  A subtle, understated vehicle will look best with a subtle color.  A flamboyant sports car can get away with an attention-grabbing paint color.  

#6 CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision
  • 3,897 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 05:06 pm

Two photos that prove the US used to like colors on their cars.

1950s and 1979

http://blog.hemmings...innesota-1950s/

http://blog.hemmings...-nebraska-1979/

• MoparMonkey and Sellers like this

#7 suzq044

suzq044

Resident Photoshop Nerd

• Supporters III
  • 4,334 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 11, 2012 at 05:32 pm

.. yes, now they all just want to blend in & not get caught with whatever they're doing.. lol 

They have a 60s shot too in that photostream [LINK]

Edited by suzq044, December 11, 2012 at 05:44 pm.

#8 trumpet12345

trumpet12345
  • 438 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 05:55 pm

The 2013s are already out aren't they? I thought the whole need for the powertech was that it would fit in the dart, where the Chrysler 6 speed wouldn't. I personally find nothing wrong with the 6 speed they put in the 200. Works fine in the van too, as long as eco mode doesn't bug ya lol.

#9 Dr. Dan's Caravan

Dr. Dan's Caravan
  • 68 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 06:39 pm

With only two doors and some subtle body line/quarter window changes, they could revive AMC's Marlin model name.

As for colors, I saw a gorgeous one on a Ford Edge. It looked black except where it reflected sunlight in purple metalflake. Really striking but subtle enough to avoid looking gaudy. Don't know what they call it.

#10 brycmtthw

brycmtthw
  • 1,742 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 07:18 pm

The 2013 uses the 62TE... The 2014 better use the 62TE or the 9HP or I won't buy one.... I'll gladly buy a 11-13 with a Kokomo transmission...

#11 drew54

drew54
  • 2,557 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 07:51 pm

The 2013s are already out aren't they? I thought the whole need for the powertech was that it would fit in the dart, where the Chrysler 6 speed wouldn't. I personally find nothing wrong with the 6 speed they put in the 200. Works fine in the van too, as long as eco mode doesn't bug ya lol.

I only ask because I wonder if there might be some cost savings by using the 6F24. We know the Patriot and Compass are losing the CVT, aren't they going to the 6F24 as well?

#12 trumpet12345

trumpet12345
  • 438 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 08:11 pm

I only ask because I wonder if there might be some cost savings by using the 6F24. We know the Patriot and Compass are losing the CVT, aren't they going to the 6F24 as well?

Well, I wonder how much it costs to use the Jatco Cvt vs the Hyundai vs efficiency and warranty claims etc. I don't have the answers to that, but I'd imagine if the dart is getting the Hyundai, one could get a better deal by putting it into three vehicles vs one.

I doubt the current 6 used in the midsizes and up can fit into the compass/patriot, as I thought that was one of the reasons the Caliber had to have an outsourced tranny?

#13 jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe

Plymouth Makes It

• Supporters
  • 4,785 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 11, 2012 at 08:27 pm

Those are the choices you get now days, not the customers fault. Every few months a color is offered attached to a $3K package on the high end model, so in reality a not so common color costs you 23K 

#14 Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln

"CHECK FAULT CODES"

• Supporters (L2)
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 25,322 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 09:08 pm

Seeing this artist's rendition, I'm glad my wife bought her 200 this year. So is she.

Edited by Bob Lincoln, December 11, 2012 at 09:09 pm.

#15 Sean

Sean
  • 43 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 09:36 pm

The 6F24 is made by Hyundai in South Korea.  If you look at the build sheet on any Dart with the 2.0 and automatic, you'll see the USA/Canadian parts listed at 50 something percent.  Not good for North American content.

The Compass/Patriot will get the 6F24 because they will be getting the Tigershark engines and are assembled at the same factory as the Dart.

As for the 200/Avenger, I don't know...yet.  I'd like to see the 62TE to help keep the domestic parts content up.

#16 Jared

Jared
  • Supporters (L2)
  • 544 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm

BTW, just for the record, since the 2014 200 is now just a "refresh" and not an entirely new car, will the Avenger still die after 2013?

#17 TheCarLiker

TheCarLiker
  • 39 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

They keep stuff super secretive and hush-hush.

#18 vipermoon64

vipermoon64
  • 162 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 at 10:54 pm

They keep stuff super secretive and hush-hush.

Ya seriously there is no more secretive automaker than them. And i dont like it, can someone remind me why they do that?

#19 69DartGTS

69DartGTS
  • 880 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 at 12:11 am

Ya seriously there is no more secretive automaker than them. And i dont like it, can someone remind me why they do that?

because for example, when the Camaro was 1st spied it got old well before it debuted few years later, thats ONE reason.

#20 ptschett

ptschett
  • 623 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 12, 2012 at 12:20 am

My theory: people generally buy cars out of dealer stock, rather than ordering exactly what they want or getting the dealer to find that exact car somewhere else.  So it makes sense for dealers to stock cars in colors that they know they have an opportunity to sell to many customers, instead of ordering something that a small percentage likes and a large percentage doesn't like.  

FWIW, here's some Darts with interesting colors... I took this picture 2 months ago, and last I looked these 2 cars were still there at my local CDJR dealer. 

2hx2dk9.jpg

Edited by ptschett, December 12, 2012 at 12:21 am.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.