cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

AN: “Conventional-automatic” Compass, Patriot coming soon

38 replies to this topic

#1 News Feed

News Feed
  • Newsfeed
  • 4,575 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 09:28 am

Posted Image
Dealers will be able to order the 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot starting on Tuesday, January 8, according to reliable source oh2o; production is currently slated for March. The primary difference between the 2014s and the 2013s will be a conventional six-speed automatic transmission, replacing the CVT. The JATCO-supplied CVT, used with different tuning by Nissan, has been a major source of criticism for the vehicles. While oh2o did not specifically state that this would happen, many observers expect the cars to use the new TigerShark versions of the “World Gas Engine.” The updated 2.0 and 2.4 liter engines produce more midrange torque and are reportedly more fuel-efficient than the originals. The 2.0 continues to use the original dual variable valve timing system, retuned for better responsiveness, while the 2.4 will use Fiat’s sophisticated MultiAir II system that can adjust valve timing for each cylinder individually. While the revised..

View the original, full post

#2 Moparian

Moparian
  • 1,719 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 09:33 am

Dart R/T is delayed to mid April currently. 

#3 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 24,374 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:36 am

"Moparian Today, 06:33 am
Dart R/T is delayed to mid April currently."

??? The post was about Compass/Patriot.

#4 Moparian

Moparian
  • 1,719 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:40 am

"Moparian Today, 06:33 am
Dart R/T is delayed to mid April currently."

??? The post was about Compass/Patriot.

Yes but if you read the full article it states that the Dart R/T is  coming in March.  :closedeyes:

#5 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,646 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:48 am

It should say that the Dart R/T is due in April and the Compass/Patriot in March.

#6 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,646 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:50 am

My fault, guys. I thought I'd written the April date in, but I hadn't. It is mis-leading though technically correct. I've updated it.

#7 Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi
  • Supporters III
  • 5,802 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:52 am

No that is NOT what the article says...

..."The March production date is close to the expected launch of the Dart R/T, which will be the first Dart to use the revised engine. (Dart R/T production has been delayed from January.)"

English comprehension level seems to be driopping....

Bob:

On another note, can you comment on the Patriot AWD and how they will accomplish "Trail Rating".  Strat remembers something about the Magna DynaMax.

#8 Moparian

Moparian
  • 1,719 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:56 am

English comprehension level seems to be dropping....

No Bob my comprehension is fine :thumbsup: , more like I am at work and skimmed the article.  I apologize.  

#9 jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe

Plymouth Makes It

• Supporters
  • 4,795 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 4, 2013 at 04:41 pm

This sounds like just what these vehicles needed and makes the Patriot more attractive especially since the Patriot POP UP in the article says Patriot will get 30mpg!! The fact that Patriot has a lot of area for 2-Way radio antennas, may be a mobile Ham Shack in my future. Put on a dome for astronomy equipment and I might not even notice the divorce! :D

#10 The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck

THE MAD DUCK

• 1,504 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 05:01 pm

Is it a 62TE ?

TMD

#11 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 4, 2013 at 05:59 pm

Is it a 62TE ?

TMD

Maybe like what they did with the 41TE/42LE transaxle having it become the 42RLE in a wide range of V6 RWD/4WD trucks and LX cars.

The 62RLE (?) may be a stop-gap measure until the new generation transmissions become available. It should be able to handle TigerShark torque, but probably not turbo-diesel torque.

I think that the current generation Patriot's Off-Road package selectable CVT2L with 19:1 crawler ratio 4WD Freedom Drive II allowed it the coveted Jeep Trail Rating.

This is going away in this upcoming iteration as Bob has noted. At least for now.

The Compass Freedom Drive I is not Trail Rated.

http://www.jeep.com/...reedom_drive_2/

#12 oh2o

oh2o

Hyperactive

• 2,400 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 06:32 pm

Transmission is DA4/6F24, same/similar to what is in the Dart.

Engines are the same as 2013 model year, 2.0L & 2.4L, 2.2L CRD for export.

#13 Mr.Source

Mr.Source
  • Supporters III
  • 2,413 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 4, 2013 at 08:46 pm

We had numerous fights with Chrysler because of the JUNK CVT until they listen, the CVT is junk.

Now wait for Detroit press conference, you'll like what they are going to tell us.

#14 oh2o

oh2o

Hyperactive

• 2,400 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 08:56 pm

We had numerous fights with Chrysler because of the JUNK CVT until they listen, the CVT is junk.
Now wait for Detroit press conference, you'll like what they are going to tell us.

I assume that they are going to tell us that the CVT is/was JUNK and that they are replacing it with the 6F24...
  • lvelleq (o)llllll(o) likes this

#15 vipergg

vipergg
  • 1,747 posts

Posted January 4, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Wow the Compass may have to go back on my  small vehicle  hit list for my next car if they put a normal auto in it.  Wouldn't go near a cvt  if Chrysler paid me to drive it !!!

#16 Bearhawke

Bearhawke

Things happen for a reason

• 12,859 posts

Posted January 5, 2013 at 08:57 am

I swear: it seems that many of Mopar's 'obsolete' models in 2013 (by the standards of ca. 4 year major makeovers) still have legs where sales and profit are concerned: first the Avenger/200 (Sebring) and now the Compass/Patriot. 

#17 valiant67

valiant67

Rich, Corinthian Leather

• Supporters III
  • 22,470 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 5, 2013 at 09:09 am

I swear: it seems that many of Mopar's 'obsolete' models in 2013 (by the standards of ca. 4 year major makeovers) still have legs where sales and profit are concerned: first the Avenger/200 (Sebring) and now the Compass/Patriot.
Yep, it seems they really weren't bad vehicles but they just weren't properly executed in many details at the original release.
  • Bearhawke and Nimbus9 like this

#18 SouthPawXJ

SouthPawXJ
  • 522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 5, 2013 at 10:38 am

Compass did get a new front in MY2011 whereas Patriot did not. The Compass needed it too; that was a face only a mother could love.

Edited by SouthPawXJ, January 5, 2013 at 10:38 am.

#19 Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Radioactive

• Forum Leader
  • Others:Active Member
  • 5,336 posts

Posted January 5, 2013 at 10:42 am

Interesting. If that news would have been a couple months earlier I may have delayed getting the journey.

#20 suzq044

suzq044

Resident Photoshop Nerd

• Supporters III
  • 4,342 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 5, 2013 at 11:19 am

Compass did get a new front in MY2011 whereas Patriot did not. The Compass needed it too; that was a face only a mother could love.

Patriot got a new nose and rear too, just not as drastic of a change. O.o

• abgwin likes this

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.