cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

For Sale Wrecked 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab ¾ ton Short Bed

No replies to this topic

#1 66coronet

66coronet
  • 1,733 posts

Posted January 6, 2013 at 08:29 am

This is an opportunity for someone to acquire an incredible tow vehicle for a cash bargain price and their sweat equity.

I bought this truck in December of 2006 from the original owner in Raymond, WA for $19,900 with 62,000 miles.  I found the ad on craigslist and I still have a copy of it with his original window sticker!  It was my daily driver and tow vehicle for the travel trailer.

I wrecked the truck October 29thon 405 on my way home from work.  State Farm chose to “total it” and I bought it back to rebuild. My plans have changed. This truck is way too good to be a donor and deserves to be rebuilt.  It is a 6-speed HO diesel with “Marine” injectors, a 4" stainless exhaust and approximately 126,000+ miles. The previous owner put in a “South Bend” clutch and the injectors along with all the towing equipment (Electric Brake controller, exhaust brake, EGT Gauge, Turbo Boost gauge, Digital fuel pressure gauge, upgraded trailer wiring harness & Firestone air bags on rear). He pulled a 5th wheel trailer and his wife drove it a lot on their trips. They sold their 5th wheel and bought a diesel pusher motor home, so it was time to say goodbye.   I removed and sold the 5th wheel hitch and auxiliary 50 gallon fuel tank. The truck delivers 23 mpg empty on the highway and 15 mpg pulling our #8000 travel trailer cruising at 1,800 rpm at 60 mph.  The combined highway and city use averages 17 mpg.  The trip computer will confirm it.

In 2009 I installed a rebuilt VP44 injector pump and a FASS DDRP lift pump relocated on the frame rail. In the last 18 months I installed new Bilstein rear shocks, rebuilt the brakes (I did the front and Midas in Bothell did the rear) the exhaust system, 4 new Michelin 265/75/R16 LTX tires, the hydraulic clutch assembly was replaced and a new extreme duty rear bumper from Texas (4" pipe & diamond plate) that I notched for the draw bar.  The canopy is a Leer with good glass and both side “Windoors” that fully open allowing complete access to the bed contents from the sides.  I have two sets of keys and remotes for everything.

I have 2 mounted (on matching alloys) Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires that cost over $500.00 with the receipt and almost $800.00 at cost in new maintenance items (filters, oil, hoses, belts, brake pads, etc.) including a add-on 60 horsepower timing kit (never installed, never felt the need) that will go with the deal.

It needs, at first glance, both fenders, a hood, bumper assembly, grille, radiator and windshield that are locally available for $2,000 or less. And the core support will need to be pulled out.  All the lights are intact and the air bags did not deploy!  The A/C system will need repairs also. There maybe hidden damage and frame work needed. The engine runs and it can drive onto a trailer, but no farther (no coolant).  Potential buyers can see it in my driveway. 

I understand the average blue book for the truck is $11,000.00 running & driving, without any of the options I have described. I want $6,000.00 for it as is, where is.   I have a rebuilt title, so I believe no WSP inspection will be necessary, but don’t quote me on that. 

Pete Holbrook
(425)823-4433

This is an opportunity for someone to acquire an incredible tow vehicle for a cash bargain price and their sweat equity.

I bought this truck in December of 2006 from the original owner in Raymond, WA for $19,900 with 62,000 miles.  I found the ad on craigslist and I still have a copy of it with his original window sticker!  It was my daily driver and tow vehicle for the travel trailer.

I wrecked the truck October 29thon 405 on my way home from work.  State Farm chose to “total it” and I bought it back to rebuild. My plans have changed. This truck is way too good to be a donor and deserves to be rebuilt.  It is a 6-speed HO diesel with “Marine” injectors, a 4" stainless exhaust and approximately 126,000+ miles. The previous owner put in a “South Bend” clutch and the injectors along with all the towing equipment (Electric Brake controller, exhaust brake, EGT Gauge, Turbo Boost gauge, Digital fuel pressure gauge, upgraded trailer wiring harness & Firestone air bags on rear). He pulled a 5th wheel trailer and his wife drove it a lot on their trips. They sold their 5th wheel and bought a diesel pusher motor home, so it was time to say goodbye.   I removed and sold the 5th wheel hitch and auxiliary 50 gallon fuel tank. The truck delivers 23 mpg empty on the highway and 15 mpg pulling our #8000 travel trailer cruising at 1,800 rpm at 60 mph.  The combined highway and city use averages 17 mpg.  The trip computer will confirm it.

In 2009 I installed a rebuilt VP44 injector pump and a FASS DDRP lift pump relocated on the frame rail. In the last 18 months I installed new Bilstein rear shocks, rebuilt the brakes (I did the front and Midas in Bothell did the rear) the exhaust system, 4 new Michelin 265/75/R16 LTX tires, the hydraulic clutch assembly was replaced and a new extreme duty rear bumper from Texas (4" pipe & diamond plate) that I notched for the draw bar.  The canopy is a Leer with good glass and both side “Windoors” that fully open allowing complete access to the bed contents from the sides.  I have two sets of keys and remotes for everything.

I have 2 mounted (on matching alloys) Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires that cost over $500.00 with the receipt and almost $800.00 at cost in new maintenance items (filters, oil, hoses, belts, brake pads, etc.) including a add-on 60 horsepower timing kit (never installed, never felt the need) that will go with the deal.

It needs, at first glance, both fenders, a hood, bumper assembly, grille, radiator and windshield that are locally available for $2,000 or less. And the core support will need to be pulled out.  All the lights are intact and the air bags did not deploy!  The A/C system will need repairs also. There maybe hidden damage and frame work needed. The engine runs and it can drive onto a trailer, but no farther (no coolant).  Potential buyers can see it in my driveway. 

I understand the average blue book for the truck is $11,000.00 running & driving, without any of the options I have described. I want $6,000.00 for it as is, where is.   I have a rebuilt title, so I believe no WSP inspection will be necessary, but don’t quote me on that. 

Pete Holbrook
(425)823-4433

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.