cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

6x6 factory FSJ Cherokee?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Stomper

Stomper
  • 358 posts

Posted January 7, 2013 at 05:45 pm

307610_471817716208962_573080520_n.png

"Grand Wagoneer / Cherokee 6x6 factory built only 1 made it also has rear steer in last axle."

Really?? Interesting if true.

#2 Stomper

Stomper
  • 358 posts

Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:21 am

I suspected as much. That comment about rear steer on the last axle also did not make sense to me.

#3 Stomper

Stomper
  • 358 posts

Posted January 8, 2013 at 04:34 pm

If the rear steer was only on the last (back-most) rear axle I was thinking that would mean the forward rear axle would be fixed straight causing the tires to scrub and resist turning. I am probably just reading too much into it though.

#4 JTE

JTE
  • 523 posts

Posted January 8, 2013 at 07:51 pm

http://dodgeram.org/..._picts/Trex.htm

Here is a short write up on the T Rex 6x6 concept, supplied without comment, yet.

And here:

http://www.fourwheel...e_ram_trex_6x6/

#5 JTE

JTE
  • 523 posts

Posted January 8, 2013 at 11:46 pm

"Grand Wagoneer / Cherokee 6x6 factory built only 1 made it also has rear steer in last axle."

Really?? Interesting if true.

What is the source of this quote? It wasn't built at JTE but it would be fun to talk to the person who built it.

#6 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 24,270 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2013 at 09:14 am

One other note; It's not a Grand Wagoneer, it's a Cherokee, but the poster may have been throwing a bunch of keywords at the Ad to get more hits.

As an FYI, I'd steer clear of this Jeep...pun intended... ;)

#7 TWX

TWX

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 8,871 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 18, 2013 at 09:25 am

Based on the discoloration in the panel between the B-pillar and the D-pillar, I expect that the body started out life as a four-door...

#8 MoparNorm

MoparNorm

Active Jeeper

• Supporters III
  • 24,270 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 19, 2013 at 02:46 pm

Based on the discoloration in the panel between the B-pillar and the D-pillar, I expect that the body started out life as a four-door...

It's possible, but not because of the discoloration, but because it's a Wagoneer roof, note the pillar at "D".

The Front fenders are Cherokee as are the 4 rear fenders. Wagoneer never had a wide axle, large fender model.

Cherokee

79%20cherokee.jpg

Wagoneer

90gw.jpg

#9 Stomper

Stomper
  • 358 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 at 12:06 pm

What is the source of this quote? It wasn't built at JTE but it would be fun to talk to the person who built it.

Been busy, just on for a minute now. A friend of a friend of mine posted it on Facebook and I am fairly sure as they say on the commercial, "You can't put anything on the internet that is not true." Thanks for the info and links I will look at them.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.